21 | Beach House Party

SOPHIE'S POV/PERSPECTIVE:

"These two" said Silas directing to both our plates as he taps his card and pays for the both of us. "Your welcome" He whispers in my ear, feeling his hot breath against my ear as he passes me my plate and walks off before I got the chance to thank him out of confusion.

I won't overthink this, probably a kind gesture to all the bad he's done to me. I giggled to myself as I walked over to the table Scarlett and Grace were sitting on. "About time" Daisy said.

Daisy was one of our old friends. But why she was sitting with Scarlett, Grace and I? Not so sure since she got a new friend group. I laughed at her comment as I placed my plate down and took a seat.

"It's okay if I sit with you guys right? The others ditched me" Daisy said her tone going low, like she was getting flooded with sadness. "Don't worry about it" I told her rubbing her shoulder. "It's all good" I continued my sentence still confused, I was the type to be nice to all unless they did something bad to me. We all began to eat our food.

After we finished I wanted to make sure if they are coming to the party tonight. "You guys are coming to the party tonight right?" I questioned them. "Yep" Grace said. "I'm in" Scarlett responded. "I guess I'll go too" Daisy said. "Great! I'll see you all then" I said before the bell had just rung.

"I'm going to go bathroom before class, I'll see you guys in a bit" I told my friends before walking to the bathroom. I thought it was weird that Daisy was just all the sudden sitting with us again. I mean she ditched us for her new friends that in fact was Ellie's friend group. Yes.. that Ellie. I always got a fake vibe off Daisy but I didn't want any drama so I just rolled with her for now.

Classes go by pretty quickly and before I knew it, before we all knew it.. The day was over. I greet everyone good bye before hopping in my car going to pick up my sister then drive off home. Excited to get ready for this party and actually getting to attend it.

SILAS' POV/PERSPECTIVE:

My fingers brace against the cold metal circular object. Twisting the door handle of the front door of my house after coming back from a exhausting and boring day of school. I feel the feeling of my stomach drop as I see my mother on the couch in the sloppiest position. Her arms falling off the edge as empty alcohol bottles fill up the living room around her. On the floor, on the couch and on her chest. "Mom!" I screamed as my voice trembled.

I ran over to her shaking her cold, unconscious body. "Wake up Mom, wake up please" I say as I rub my hand over to her chilly, sweaty cheeks. Seconds past and I see her eyes start to slowly open. "Silas" She said, like she was out of breath. "Mom, what happened" I said lightly, In a gentle way trying not to scare her as she was still slowly getting more and more conscious as the time and clock ticks.
yea
"I'll get you some water" I say as I make my way over to the kitchen, Scared to death of what I have just witnessed. I've never seen my mom in this state, a tired, given up state. I was honestly scared for her. Has she been drinking? Did she overdose on alcohol? Thoughts flooding my head went wonders and about of what had happened.

I make my way back to her with a glass full of water. I see her as she sits up. Minutes go and she's ready to tell me what had happened. This view, the sight I had walked into. "Your father's friends came over.. And the usual they had gotten a couple beers. Until it started getting worse and they started opening bottles and bottles of alcohol." My mom said stressed as she placed her palm on her head and let out a sigh. "They-" She said unable to finish her sentence as she tried not to cry, her voice trembling.