24 | Hang Out

Hey guys! I don't want to be that author that keeps you ages for an update but school has been a lot for me at the moment and i've been focusing more. Enjoy this chapter lovelies. -Mary <3

Walking into my house i notice my mother isn't home. She's a nurse so sometimes she has overnight shifts. "I'll be right back, Want water?" I told Scarlett as she sat on the couch while I make my way over to the kitchen. Filling up two glasses of water before I see a note on the bench. "Hey Sis, Staying over at Jessie's house xx -Bells" Well that really explains her absence. Bells is my sister Isabella's nickname.. If you don't know already.

Walking back to the couch, Scarlett shuts her phone off and places it on the coffee table in front of us as I give her the water. Sitting down, taking my first sip of water of the day. I loved water, anything water related.. I felt a connection to. The beach especially, when i'm at the beach I feel like my problems wash away with the waves. "So tell me EXACTLY why you were at Silas' house missy" Scarlett asks me snapping me out of my thoughts while she giggled. "Uh-" I mumbled and looked down.

I mean I couldn't lie to her. After all she was my best friend and I had to end up telling her eventually. "You know about Adam right? He started again last night at the party.. And well Silas just came out of nowhere.."

"Continue" She replied. "And he sorta beat the fuck out of Adam.." I giggled scratching my neck. "Silas? Bash someone.. For you?" She replied in shock. "I know right.. With our hatred and rivalry, I kind of thought he would just let it slide, You know make a joke out of it or something" I told her explaining how I felt about the whole thing. Genuinely confused at first but when Silas told me about his abusive relationship with his dad.. He knows how it feels so i'm pretty sure that's why.. You know he stood up for me.

"I don't give a fuck about Adam.. Or Silas" Scarlett started. "The main thing is that your okay, that's all I care about" She continued her sentence reaching her hands to mind as she held them. "Are you okay Sophie" She looked me in the eyes. And there it was.. I started to tear up and before I knew it I was balling my eyes out. Tears flooding down my face as she held me close and gave me a hug. "I don't k-know why me Scarlett, Why me" I sobbed in her arms as she caressed my hair. "Shh it's okay, your safe now" She told me.

"God, what did I do to deserve such an amazing friend like you" I said as I got out of her touch and giggled, wiping my tears away with the sleeves of Silas' clothes which I was still in-fact in. Probably have to change sooner or later. "You've always been there for me when I needed it, I have to return the same to you Soph. Your my best friend" She replied. I didn't say anything i just brought her in for a hug.

I have known Scarlett for the longest time and believe me when I say she is a real friend. She's the type of girl to stick up for you in an argument or hold your head when you cry about stupid boys. Her loyalty is above all and I really look up to her and her characteristics she shows to others. It's probably why her and Jeremiah are still lasting.. They have such a healthy relationship together it's almost too good!

Scarlett pulls out of the hug, releasing from my arms. "We should really tell Grace about you know.. Adam" Scarlett mentions to me. Since you know he is her brother.. "Yeah we really should" I reply back to her with a disappointed look on my face. "How about we call her over tonight to hang out, maybe even the rest of the group if that's fine with you?" Scarlett asks me with a cheeky smile on her face.

"If you want to see Jeremiah just say so" I told her as I started to laugh. Her smile widens, seconds later she releases a giggle. "Fine I do" She replies with a busted look on her face. "But you should really tell Grace about Adam.. Seriously I-" She states before I cut her off "Scarlett it's okay, it'll all be sorted out soon" I reply to my best friend in a reassuring tone. She smiles softly and chucks my phone at me. "Text the groupchatttt" She tells me extending and dragging on the letter "t" at the end.