Chapter 5

"Welcome to Hermitcraft Season Six!" Xisuma announced, his eyes glinting in the bright sunlight. One of the prime admins must have been extra happy that day, Xisuma thought.

And he was right. Grian was having an absolute blast as he goofed off with the other hermits, collected his first recourses, maybe murdered a Mumbo a few times accidentaly, and overal caused trouble. And best of all... Grian felt normal.

"You look like it's your birthday, mate." Mumbo grinned down at the beaming hermit.

"It's better than any birthday I remember, then." Grian teased.

"Hey, G! Wanna test out my new contraption?" Doc gave a maniacle grin.

"Nooo-OOOOO!" Bdubs weaved into a nearby tree and lay dizzily at the bottom.

"Haha can't catch meeeee!" False zoomed around where Bdubs had just splat.

"Should I go for warped or crimson?" Cleo sidled up to the new hermit.

Grian didn't respond, he was too wrapped up in the happiness of finally finding friends. Real friends. It almost felt a like a mismatched muddy family... and Grian loved every second of it.

. . .

"Dude, I can't believe you've been with us for 3 years already! You're a real hermit, now!" Mumbo clapped Grian on the back. It was Grian's 3rd anniversary on Hermitcraft, and Season 8 would come in the next day.

"And you've already played more pranks than the entire server put together in 8 years!" X laughed. Many other hermits nodded and chuckled.

"I can't wait for season 8 to start!" A tall, 21 year old woman with strawberry hair wearing light blue overalls piped up. She was Xisuma's powerful apprentice, and the Hermits had seen her visit on many occasions. Xisuma had finally invited her to the server when she didn't need to live at the Admin Headquarters anymore. Xelqua might have had something to do with letting her go.

"What level did you get to, Gem?" Keralis asked.

"I'm a level seven now, thanks to Xisuma!" Gem said proudly.

"She's a natural. Besides, training an apprentice has helped me get better, too." Xisuma shrugged. "I'm a level 9 now, which is supposedly pretty admirable."

"That's only because the mystery admin went easy on him in the test! You should've seen what he did to me." False scowled. "I took the test 4 years ago and I still have back pain."

"The bi-annual big admin meeting is tomorrow. Me and Gem have a long day ahead of us." Xisuma said, looking tired already.

"It's the one the mystery watcher will have to attend." Grian sighed.

"How do you know?" False frowned,

"Gri's a level 1 admin, but he refuses to go to any of the meetings." Xisuma grunted, his annoyance obvious to all of the listening hermits.

"They're all so obsenely boring!!!" Grian defended himself, and all the hermits laughed.

"Well, now that you're a world-renowned prankster, builder, and the best elytra flyer around, I think you're getting at famous as Prime 2, anyhow! The admins'll be in awe when mystery prime walks up all silent and gore - and then in even more awe when Prime 2 slips on a block of mysteriously placed ice near Grian's seat!" Iskall roared. The other hermits agreed.

"Pearl probably won't have anything else to say, anyway. The watchers just disapeared into the shadows after that village attack 3 years ago." Gem sighed angrily.