Epilogue

A/N Foreward: I didn't have the Mumbo bit, but after I finished I was like oh crap I never made Mumbo wake-up. Cliff-hanger failed.

"Mumbo!" Grian yelled as he embraced his friend. Mumbo had finally woken up. After two long weeks of sitting at Mumbo's beside, Mumbo's eyes had finally opened.

"Grian!" Tears of happiness came to Mumbo's eyes. "I thought I would never see you again."

"Oh Mumbo!" Grian just hugged the redstonist tighter. He suddenly relinquished his hold. "Don't ever follow me into a dangerous forbidden server again! Or make me think you died!"

"Alright, alright! Gosh, dude!" Mumbo spoke hastily.

"Also... I think I should probably tell you about this." Grian allowed a flame of gold and blue magic to bloom in the palm of his hand.

"Wait... what!?"

. . .

Gem skipped around her newly instated room in the prime admin quarters. She danced in and out of the morning sunlight as she prepared for the big day to come. Grian was finally going to name her - her, Gem - a prime admin.

Gem had always dreamed about being a prime admin, but now that she was actually going to become one she was more nervous and excited than she could ever remember.

"You ready?" Scar was standing at the door. Gem grinned. Scar was wearing a crimson suit and his trademark top hat for the occasion.

Gem herself was wearing a short green dress with a leather corset. Her dress's short sleeves hung off her shoulders. True to the lady of nature's fashion flowers were intertwined in her long braid of strawberry hair and antlers. "Ready as I'll ever be!" Gem smiled cheerfully.

"Can you guys hurry up?" Grian peered around the door. "The admins are wai-ting!" Grian called.

"Ya, hurry up!" Pearl beamed around the door from behind Grian.

"Okay, okay! Patience!" Gem scolded playfully as she skipped down the hallway and out into the main corridor of the admin headquarters. The corridor was completely deserted as all of the admins were already assembled in the meeting room.

Grian shook his head as he watched Gem dance along gayly. She could make light of any situation, no matter how serious. Grian would have been a nervous wreck in Gem's place. Grian watched Scar hang back, twiddling his thumbs. But he too wore a grin, even if it was a little nervous.

"Don't worry Scar." Grian reassured the necromancer.

"Oh, I'm not worried! I'm just thinking about how I'm going to pitch my jellie-panda reserve at the ceremony!" Grian facepalmed. Scar would be Scar.

"Scar, we are not pitching anything at the ceremony! You can do that some other time, this is serious!" Grian knew his words were wasted on Scar.

When the small group reached the door to the meeting room, Pearl and Grian gave the two newbies reassuring smiles before vanishing into thin air.

. . .

Xisuma and False (and even Mumbo, the redstonist hadn't wanted to miss the occasion) were seated next to each other when Grian and Pearl materialized on the elevated platform. Xisuma, Mumbo and False both cheered and clapped louder than any of the other admins as Grian and Pearl announced Gem and Scar's entrance.

"Thank you all for joining us!" Grian called, earning many surprised murmurs from the lower-level admins who hadn't heard Grian speak. "Today we're welcoming two new primes-" The crowd yelled in confusion and Grian had to silence them.

"Now, I know what your thinking. Prime 1, there are already two primes. Don't worry, we aren't resigning or retiring or anything. But from now on, we're going to recognize two different prime admins again. I give you... the lady of nature and the necromancer!" Grian announced.

Gem and Scar entered the room hand in hand, smiling. Gem's beam lit up the entire room as she stepped onto the stage. "I, Xelqua-" At this many murmurs of shock echoed around the room. Prime 1 had just revealed his name. After all these years. Grian cleared his throat, silencing them again.

"I, Xelqua, physical prime admin and keeper of Notch, bestow the title of nature's prime admin upon lady Gem Tailor, keeper of Niaya." Grian spoke. As he uttered the last word a golden glow enveloped Gem, and when she raised her hand a burst of gold and bright green sparkles showered the room.

Grian turned to Scar. "I, Xelqua, physical prime admin and keeper of Notch, bestow the title of death's prime admin upon Scar Times, keeper of Zebdar." A golden glow surrounded Scar, too. When Scar raised his hand a burst of red and gold sparkles showered the room.

The crowd gaped. They had never seen bright green or dark red magic before. These new primes... they really were higher powers. The assembled admins gasped as they processed the spectacle before them. They now had four prime admins again. The higher powers had returned in their time of need.

"I give you Pearl Moon, technological prime admin-" Grian started. A burst of golden sparks filled the room at Pearl's command.

"Gem Tailor, nature's prime admin and higher power of Niaya." Pearl continued for Grian. Another burst of green sparkles followed. "Scar Times, death's prime admin and higher power of Zebdar..." More red sparks showered the meeting room.

"And Xelqua." Pearl wasn't exactly sure what to say, but Grian whispered something to her, and Pearl stifled a gasp. "And Xelqua, the higher power of Notch, physical watcher-prime." Pearl finished. Everything, everything, everything... Grian's words echoed in her mind.

None of the admins seemed to understand what watcher-prime meant. Grian raised one hand... and a burst of violet, gold, and blue sparkles sprinkled over the room.

In a second Grian took Pearl and Gem's hands and Gem took Scar's hand in turn... and before the admins could react Grian had whisked all of the primes away. But not before Grian had lowered his hood for a split second... and his shimmering purple eyes had penetrated the admins' souls.

. . .

"Welcome to Hermitcraft season nine!" Xisuma shouted. The now huge group of Hermits had all gathered around a small mound. "We welcome our new hermits... Scar Times and Pearl Moon!" Xisuma grinned.

Pearl stepped forward and waved hello, while Scar ran around the circle shaking everyone's hands. "You can do the honors, Pearl." Xisuma waved her forward.

"Now then! Let Hermitcraft season nine begin!" Pearl called.

Grian chuckled as he watched his chosen family rocket away in all different directions, racing to collect resources and such. The hermits continued to grow. Like an obnoxious weed, was the way Pearl had once joked a few months ago.

Even though Grian was the most powerful admin - no, being in Minecraftia, he still loved just being a hermit more than he would ever love being a prime. It was the people, not the power that gave Grian great joy.

"Howdy, partner! Shouldn't we be gathering building stuff?" Pearl sidled up next to Grian.

"Yea. Let's go gather building stuff!" Grian grinned. As Pearl skipped off, Grian fingered his ring again. He had finally chosen to reveal his true identity to Minecraftia... would everything fall apart? Had he made the right decision? Grian sighed his eyes skimmed over the delicate printing for the thousandth time. In golden embellished letters, just two simple words that seemed to dictate the story of Grian's life.

Watcher-Prime.

ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᒷリ↸.