Chapter 10

Grian awoke late the next morning. He was surprised to find himself laying on a cold stone floor. He felt drowsy. Too drowsy. Grian's eyes opened clearly. He immediately noticed the magic muting cuffs secured around his wrists and feet. He was in his Grian form, somehow. Grian sat up.

Twelve guards were stationed in front of his iron prison cell. Grian groaned. He was sure he had won the battle... as long as Pearl was safe... Grian rubbed his forehead and massaged his temples. His head ached painfully. He must have been muted for... what, seven, eight hours? Grian guessed based on his energy level.

As soon as Grian hear familiar steps coming towards him he quickly straightened up and tried to look completely cool. Would the head watcher recognise him? His hair was shorter, his eyes were blue, he had a few freckles and he was shorter, for sure. But he was still Xelqua, just pulled, pushed or pinched here and there.

"Ah... Prime 2." The Head Watcher came to a stop in front of Grian's cell. "I must say... your real form is quite pathetic." The Head Watcher leered. Suddenly Grian realized that the only reason he was still shifted must mean either his watcher magic was still maintaining some part of him or Pearl had done something. Grian smiled as he knew the latter was much more likely. Clever Pearl.

"I must say, you seem to make light of the worst situations." The Head Watcher noticed Grian's smile. It looked strangely familiar. It reminded him of someone... But who? He couldn't put his finger on it.

"Comes with the territory." Grian yawned.

"Impudence will get you nowhere, child." The Head Watcher insulted Grian.

"I may be young but I took out your entire necromancer army in a minute flat." Grian's steely blue-green eyes glinted. His mask looked painted with indifference, but underneath Grian was shaking. He suddenly noticed his cuffs were admin magic blocking cuffs. I still have my watcher magic! Grian grinned.

"Your enjoyment is short-lived, Prime. You'll die in less than ten hours wearing those cuffs." The Head Watcher smirked. If only you knew... Grian maintained his smirk.

"I shall see you later, Prime 2." The Head Watcher strolled away, and Grian lay back on the cold stone floor. If he'd ever needed help, it was now.

. . .

"Void!" Pearl materialized with a thunderclap in front of Xisuma.

"I - how - what-" Xisuma jumped back, rubbing his eyes in disbelief. What's the bloody prime admin doing on my server!? How did she even get in!? Oh, of course, idiot. She's the technologic prime, for Minecraftia's sake. Of course she can get into any old server without being whitelisted.

"I'm afraid something has happened to your friend... Grian." Pearl spoke.

"Grian!? What's happened!?" Xisuma froze. The last he had seen Grian was yesterday afternoon. He had been acting weird and weak, and had left in a hurry.

"Grian turned up yesterday at the admin headquarters muttering weird things, he collapsed. He seemed to have caught a rare illness, so we sent him to the infirmary. When we woke up he was gone, but watcher magic was traced back to his disappearance." Pearl explained.

"Why would the watchers take Grian of all the useless admins!?" Xisuma muttered.

"We think the watchers may have implanted information in his brain and used him as a messenger of sorts. Was he acting weird yesterday?" Pearl lied.

"I - well - yes, very." Xisuma admitted.

"I need you to help join a rescue mission, as a level nine admin. Tell none of the other hermits. I've already got the rest of the level nines together." Pearl instructed Xisuma.