Ch. 25

Payton's POV

Waking up the next morning to the sound of somebody pounding on the door. I looked out the peephole, and seen it was nobody, but 30. I opened the door with tiredness written across my face.

" 30? Whatchu doing here? It's 6 in the morning." I said sleepily as he rushed in past me.

" You answering the door without a gun? What if I was one of our opps, and yo ass lacking. You bullshitin!" 30 said shaking his head disappointingly.

" The way yo ass was knocking I thought you was 12, so I didn't bring it with me. But if it makes you feel any better, I checked the peephole before I answered the door. Now why you here it's too fucking early fa me to be dealing with you."

" Well, if you would've answered my calls last night then I would've never had to come over here."

" My phone goes on DND before I go to S-L-E-E-P." I said truthfully.

" Shiesty got arrested last night."

" What! For what? And why the fuck wasn't that the first thing you said when you got here."

" Ca—" I cut him off before he could even finish.

" You know what just answer that when we get in the car, come on so we can go get his ass." I fussed as I scrambled around trying to find my keys.

" We can't get him out. He ain't been to court to get a bond yet, and that's gone take 3 days by itself. And they arrested him for doing a high speed chase, and he got a warrant in the next county over. He gone be in there fa a minute P."

I rubbed my hand down my face as I sighed, " What the fuck. I told his ass not to go. Did KD get arrested too?"

" Nah, KD at home. Shiesty called me from jail last night, and he told me he was on his way home when the police pulled out behind him tryna pull him over, and you know he wasn't bout to do that after just coming from a mission. Thankfully KD had the guns they used with him, cause Shiesty would've been fucked fa real."

" So what we do now?" I asked as I sat on the couch looking at 30.

" Ain't shit we can do, but wait to see if he get a bond.
And if he do we gone get him out don't worry." 30 said being optimistic.

I nodded my head.

" But take yo phone off of DND just in case he try to call you. I got a couple of plays to make real quick, but I'll be back over here at like 11 some so we can see what we need to do."

" Ok, keep me updated. I'll be ready before get back." I said as he nodded his head before leaving out the door.

I stressfully ran my hands through my knotless braids.

" His ass wouldn't be in jail right now, if he would've let me put this pussy on him like I wanted to. But nooo, he just had to go with KD ass." I said as I walked back into my room, and grabbed my phone.

I took it off of DND like 30 told me to, and I got in the shower. Just as I got out, I heard my phone ring. I noticed the caller id said Shelby County Jail. I damn near dove to answer it.

" This is a prepaid call from."

" Lontrell Williams."

" An inmate at the county correctional facility. All calls are subject to recording and monitoring except privileged attorney client communications. To decline this call and block future calls to the number press 9 now. To accept this call press 1 now." The automatic operator said.

I quickly pressed 1.

" Your call has been accepted you may began your call now."

" Hello? Payton?" Lontrell said.

" Pooh what happened?"

" Mane, I got arrested last night.

" I know 30 just came by and told me. But fa what tho?"

" I took they ass on a high speed, and some mo shit. But ian finna getting into all that over this phone. Just get my money out my room. It's a shoe box full of money in my closet. I need you to get, and bring it with y'all when y'all come to bail me out."

" It's in your closet? Which box? You got too many shoe boxes." I said as I walked into his room.

" Yeah, it's in the Nike box. Last box on the third row." He said.

" Ok."

" You got it?"

" Yeah." I lied knowing I wasn't planning on going into his closet, but made a mental note to tell 30 to get it for me once he get here.

" Ight, don't think I forgot about you either. Once I get out I'ma make it up to you just like I promised." He said causing me slightly smile.

I sat on the edge of his bed wrapped up in the white bath towel, " I'ma hold you to dat. 30 said you gone be in there fa 3 days."

" Yeah, I know. Don't even trip tho 30 know what to do. All I know is you bet not watch none of our shows without me or else dat's yo ass when I get out." He said causing me to roll my eyes.

" I'm not."

" You have one minute remaining." The automatic operator said.

" Ight, I'll see you in a few days." Shiesty said.

" Ok, bye." I said as the call ended.

Once I hung up the phone, I walked across the hall to my room so I could get dressed. An hour late, 30 was back over just like he said he would be. He said it's mandatory for us to continue everything just as if Shiesty was still here, and I couldn't agree more. Besides we knew he'll be home in 3 days, so we wasn't too worried.

But little did any of them know those 3 days turned would turn into 4 whole months....

————————————

Damn, free my nigga Shiesty😩! This chapter was a little boring, but the next chapter I plan to make it messy🤭! What y'all think gone happen since Shiesty ended up being gone for 4 months? Did y'all enjoy this chapter😌? Let me know in the comments😎! Make sure you vote it, comment, and follow me💯! Love y'all💗!