Ch. 26

Payton's POV

My phone rung causing me to stop looking through my dresser for an outfit. I walked over to grab my phone off the charger, and answered it already knowing who it was. Since I've become accustomed to these types of calls for the last 4 months.

" This is a prepaid call from."

" Lontrell Williams."

" An inmate at the county correctional facility. All calls are subject to recording and monitoring except privileged attorney client communications. To decline this call and block future calls to the number press 9 now. To accept this call press 1 now." The automatic operator said.

I quickly pressed 1.

" Your call has been accepted you may began your call now."

" Hello?" I said as the call went through.

" Wassup what you doing?"

" Tryna figure out what I'ma wear to 30's show tonight."

Last week, 30 signed to N-Less Entertainment and Moneybagg Yo's label Bread Gang. He's been doing a lot more shows, and tonight there was one downtown. So of course, we falling in that hoe tonight to show our support.

" I hate I can't be there. I gotta call him once I get off the phone withchu. And what you plan on wearing?"

" I don't know yet. I'll probably get Kiyah to help me pick some out." I said causing him to sigh.

" She finna dress you like a hoe. I'm already knowing." He said causing me to laugh.

" And is that a problem? Cause last time, I checked I was single."

" You is, but you know what it is once I get out. I'ma put an end to all that shit you been doing. Don't think I don't know you still fucking with ole boy either."

Yes, I was still talking to Bando. But it's just until Pooh come home, and he know that.

" Let me find out you got people watching me. And yeah, cause the money ole boy be giving me go right towards yo lawyer and court fees. While the money I actually make goes towards paying these bills you left me with. So yeah, let's not do too much now. Keep it real cute. Especially when you calling other hoes from jail too." I said.

Shiesty got quiet, and didn't say anything.

" Oh no, I didn't say that just so you can get quiet on me. What you thought I didn't know about that? Yeah, I know about it. Them bitches run they damn mouths too much. Especially Diamond." I said laughing.

Shiesty smacked his lips, " Mchht, ion talk to them hoes like that. I might've called a couple bitches one or twice, but that's it. And I only talk to Diamond, so she could put money on my books fa commissary. Cause ion want you to have to come outta pocket fa that too. And ian doing shit, but sell dat hoe a dream that she won't be able to cash in once I'm out in the free world."

" I genuinely don't give not one fuck cause like I said I'm single and so are you. But whenever you talk to Diamond, let ha know I'ma beat ha ass again when I see ha. Fa the shit she been posting on Facebook tryna be petty. And as for them other bitches, you better let em know how I can get. Cause I'm on dat, it's whatever with whoever."

" Cuhh, you not doing no fighting. Just sit back and wait until a nigga touch back down. You really need to be chilling until a nigga get home, if I'ma be honest. From what I'm hearing you overworking yo self. You overdoing yo part by picking up more shifts at work." He said speaking in code, but I knew what he meant.

He was referring to me being in the streets way more than he was comfortable with. I was spending more time selling drugs and stealing cars all while still working at the strip club. So was I doing too much hot shit right now? Yeah, but I had valid reasons as to why.