☾︎𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3☀︎︎

👑

You always enjoyed exploring forests. It was something you stuck with since your childhood. You strutted through the greenery, taking in breaths of fresh air. It was comforting not being in the castle, but you knew you couldn't be here for long. King Phil would start thinking your missing, after all. You couldn't help but remember the last time you stayed out for too long, King Phil got so worried, it was like he was...

You pause. A father? No. You're just a maid, not his kid. You can fill the role as the king's adopted child. No. You can't help but to let your mind wander. You can't be anyone's child, you're not fit for the role. You brush off the thought as best as you can and try to continue your walk. 

Soon, the trees start becoming a bit scarce as the path slowly becomes a cracked concrete covered in weeds. You raise an eyebrow, confused. You thought it was just a hiking trail, but it leads somewhere?

You found yourself at a weird spot. Pillars of marble are covered in vines and moss. You had no clue where you were, and the fact that you are very far from the castle only raised your confusion. Was this place some sort of a shrine? You were brought out of your questioning when a sudden rustling in the bushes caught your attention. Watching the greenery closely, you raised your guard. 

Perhaps it was just some animal, and you were just paranoid. Who knew? Not you. You ended up sighing, nothing had came out of the bushes and besides, you couldn't even see a thing. You continue to admire the ruins, slowly walking over to one of the tall carved poles. Gently, you place your hand on it. Rough, untouched, and cold.

You can't help but get a sense of deja-vu, but you don't have a single memory of the place or ever visiting... Maybe there was something like a shrine but here, the platform is way too small to be considered as a house, but it's still to large to be something like a memorial...

Whatever it was, you couldn't put your finger on it. It was like finding a needle i na haystack, but there's no needle and just hay. You furrow your eyebrows louder rustling and the thumps of heavy footsteps kicked you out of your trance to face the stranger...

A tall male figure wearing a dark green cloak and a cracked full face mask. It wore dark, baggy clothes. It stood way taller than you, and it and a more threatening aura.

"Who are you?" you say sternly, your hand in your bag, gripping the dagger tightly.

It says nothing, staring at you. You furrow your eyebrows, glaring at the unknown thing with caution. You raise tour head when it chuckles lowly, slightly catching you off guard.

"Woah woah, calm down doll, I'm not gonna hurt ya..." It spoke, you disregard the nickname, but you didn't budge. "Yeah right,"

"Wnat me to prove it? I don't have a single weapon on me, I was just wandering around."

"Take off your mask then, you'll have no reason to hide your face if you were only wanderong around." You quickly answer, waiting for the male to do just that.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, mx maid..." It spoke deeply. You widen your eyes. Not that many people know you work for the king, not a single civilian or... Whoever this guy is.

"I knew that'd get ya. You see, I've been watching ya. After all, you're so close to that retched king and his asshole sons." The male sneers, "But, honestly, it's kind of an honour to meet you, both the head maid and an attractive person,"

You say nothing but watch his movements closely. It steps forward once, but you don't move. You can feel his stare linger on you, a feeling you've felt in the past... It's too familiar to disregard...

"Shut your mouth and tell me what you want." You harden your glare, demanding of an answer. He chuckles again as deep as the other time, but this one feels more playful...

"I want to overthrow the king and his sons, take the kingdom and land that was once mine, and maybe I'll also make you mine~" He cooes, takimg another step closer and tilting his head.

"I don't even know you! Wh-" You blink to the side and he took that as his chance, he sprints over and manages to put you in a headlock position. You struggle, your one free hand clawing at his arm.

"YOU- ACK-" You struggle continuing to punch at his arm. It isn't affecting him at all, he's way too strong. You feel your air ducts forcing closed the more he squeezes, making you feel lightheaded and dizzy.

How have you given up so quickly? Your weapon was right there, but you were too focused on getting him off rather than arming yourself. How stupid of you, how foolish you are. You shouldn't of caught yourself off guard, you should've focused on him. But you didn't. Something about him was too familiar, but you don't have a clue what it is. Was it because he smelled familair? Was his voice catching you off guard? Whatever it was, it was obvious you knew him in some other way, but what way?

All you could do was give up. Your consciousness slowlt fades as the world turns black, his dark voice rings in your ears. "Good night, Y/N, sweet dreams~" was the last thing you heard before you passed out. The darkness slowly swallows you whole. What a way to get kidnapped, huh?

*----------------*

Yet another chapter completed! I honestly had a lot of fun writing out the 'meeting masked guy' scene. I think I might change the beginning, though, I don't really like how it turned out.

❣︎ 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚃𝚂 ❣︎
*Love stats might be temporary

???: 110% || He knows pretty much everything about you. Now your stuck with him. He doesn't mind, though, he'll enjoy your company~

NO OTHER CHARACTERS INTERACTED WITH

---------------------
WORD COUNT: 1026
DATE PUBLISHED: August 6th, 2022