☾︎𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7☀︎︎

[Heyo! Quick authors note before we begin! The art above belongs to me. Basically, it's what your maid dress/suit would be if you can't think of any outfits. Sorry if it's kinda messy, I wasn't really going for anything detailed. Also, yes, you can use these outfits in fanart. I don't mind.]

🍂

It might've taken forever, but you managed to find yourself back at the marble ruins. It felt like a luxury, standing in the shrub-ridden ruins, closer to people you actually know and your home, only being a few miles outside the forest. But, you had to pause, you'd been walking for hours, constantly getting lost along the way.

You even felt tears about to run down your face, it was felicity you felt. Absolute happiness. Come to think of it, the last time you were this happy was when you managed to impress your father. Actually, no, that's a story for another time.

You sat yourself next to one of the pillars with your knees tucked into your chest. You actually started to cry, warm salty tears beginning to stream down your face. You sat there crying for a good while before the tears became less and less until there was nothing left.

When the tears finally stopped, you wiped your eyes with your [apron/handkerchief] before standing and slowly gaining enough confidence to be bombarded by Prince Wilbur, Techno, Tommy, and King Phil. You sighed, and started your walk all the way back to the kingdom.

When you reached the back garden, you silently peeked over the hedges to see the oh so familiar brunet pacing back in forth in a worried manner. It looks like he hasn't slept in days, but if you think about it, you were only gone for about two days... You think, you don't actually know how long you've been gone for.

You hitched your breath and ducked when you think you saw Wilbur's eyes glance at you. Now hiding behind the hedges, you had a slight desicion, but you already knew what you wanted to do.

Sneaking near the back entrance to the garden, you hear Wilbur's frustrated mumbles come closer to the gates. Before you could hold you hand out, the doors swung open to reveal the disheveled Prince in baby blue and white. His eyebrows were knitted together until he realized who you were.

"Y/N? O-oh my... I thought... I thought..." Wilbur stuttered, hesitating to grasp at your arms to see if you were real and not a figment of his lack of sleep.

You lightly touched Wilbur's outstretched hand with a small smile. That was his confirmation that you were real and not a hallucination. With a quick movement, you were trapped in Wilbur's arms as he held onto you for dear life. You chuckle and wrap your arms around him too.

"Hi Will." You softly spoke into the crook of Wilbur's neck. You didn't feel it, but chills ran up Wilbur's spine. He missed hearing your voice. He missed you.

The two of you stayed cradling each other for a minute or two until he finally leget go. You just now realized the stream of tears rolling down his cute face. You wipe away his tears with your thumb and chuckle.

"I hope you were taking care of yourself while I was gone." You mutter. Wilbur barely bit his bottom lip.

"Taking care of myself? You were gone for two days! Two long days! Everyone has been doing nothing but searching for you!" Wilbur exclaimed, which might've alerted a guard because before you could reply, three tall knights in armour came up to the two of you.

"Your highness! Is everything okay?!" One yelled. The other two have their swords out and ready. The one who yelled recognized you. A silence washed over for a few miliseconds before another one spoke up.

"Do you wish for us to inform the King about their reappearance?"

"Yes. Tell them we'll be in my study." Wilbur replied.

The way they talk to eachother is so professional, it almost feels like a luxury to be able to hug a Prince and talk to him like you've been childhood friends for who knows how long.

The three knights exit and Wilbur gently takes your hand. "Come with me. I need to talk to you." He spoke with a serious tone.

How worried were they? You nod and follow Wilbur to his study.

----

I'm doing a new end of the chapter design. I don't really like copy and pasting multiple times. BTW, the percentage system will be different too.

🕳️ - Strangers, don't know each other
💔 - Barely knows each other
❤️ - Just friends! Right?
💛 - A puppy crush, really
💜 - Okay, maybe this crush isn't as simple as I thought...
💞 - They're obsessed with you!
❤️‍🔥 - You're their god/goddess! They'll love you to the very end~
🖤 - You broke their heart, so they might break your arm.

Wilbur - 💜 - He loves you a lot, y'know.

Tommy - 💛 - Nothing but a puppy crush

Dream - ❤️‍🔥 - He thinks your a superior being! After all, you did put him in his place...

So far, that's all the people who know you. Might change in the future, though.

P.S., happy birthday Wilbur :D

Word count: 869
Date published: September 14th, 2022

Edit: readded the picture, lmao