▪️Chapter 23▫️

🌌

Fiona stood beside you, standing behind your 'home'.

"What are we doing here..?" Fiona whispered towards you, clinging to your leg.

"Do you like big fires?" You asked casually, flipping the lighter around in your hand.

"I don't know. Are they scary?" Fiona's face scrunches at the strong smell.

"They're only scary if you let them be." You flick on the lighter, a small fire soon blazes into some thing bigger.

You walk towards one of the trails you had poured moments before you left for Fiona.

It's gasoline.

You motion for Fiona to take a few steps back.

You light the small lighter once more.

You light the trail ablaze, and step back towards Fiona.

The two of you watch in silence as the fire trails towards the mansion.

Few minutes later left a part of the building in a major blaze, orange flames licking towards the sky in rage.

Fiona squeezes your hand, and you take that as your cue to leave.

-+-+-

Hours have passed, it's about 4 AM. Fiona has been in your arms napping as you trudged through the forest with seemingly no end. Almost every single tree looked the exact same.

You'd be lying if you said you weren't exhausted as well, but you had to go on. There wasn't anything you could rest out in, not a cave or anything.

You would build some sort of shelter, but you didn't have anything to build it with; not to mention that you don't have experience when it came to building.

You'd rather walk awhile longer than pass out sitting against some tree. Wildlife still exists, and they really don't hold back.

You had to pause at some point to take a quick sip of water. Either way, you continue to walk.

And walk you did.

-+-+-

A bit away in a nice home...

Inside was comfortable, everything placed in a way that would mean this cottage was built to be a forever home.

The house itself wasn't too big or too small. It was a simple two story with a chimney.

On the inside, though, everything looked almost nostalgic. Everything was used, but otherwise in great condition. Inside the kitchen, though, stood a tall male mixing some sort of batter.

Blueberry muffins.

The tall male making them was also quite notable.

[[Ooh, I love writing unnecessarily long character descriptions!]]

His face is completely consumed by darkness, only his pure white eyes glowed through the shadow. No matter what light shone in his face, it will always be cloaked by darkness. It's apart of his strange curse, which also includes two long horns to protrude from his forehead. At the very tips of both was a gradient to red. He wore darker colours, black to grey to red. He typically wore a hooded clock, tied together with red yarn. Otherwise, he wears a dark grey tunic tucked into black pants. Red lines outline the outer hems of the pants. His arms are guarded with grey dyed leather. And finally, he wears grey boots that go just below his knees. Occasionally, he could summon both bat-like wings with red gradients and a demon tail also with a red gradient.

He hummed a sweet tune as he mixed the batter, watching as everything mixed together. This time, he hung up his cloak and adorned a white apron. He smiled, a single fang poking from in-between his lips.

It had been lonely for the demon-like male, both his son and 'best-friend' had left the night before. Sure, the small fluffy white dog was there, but she had been napping for awhile now.

He frowns at the thought of being alone all over again.

But, he knew the two would come back.

They always came back.

...

He had stopped humming for a moment, too caught up in his thoughts to realize that the oven had been beeping.

He pours the muffin batter into the pan thing before sliding it in the oven, setting the time, and washing his hands afterwards.

With nothing else to do, he walks out of the kitchen and sat beside a small, white dog, Rat.

At that point, it was about 8 AM. The sun had been up for hours at that point, and so had the demon. He had always been a bit of a morning person, after all.

Weak knocking sounds on the front door almost scared him out of his skin, Rat perks her head in confusion and barks at the door.

He shushes Rat quickly before rushing to answer the door, confused yet hoping it would be his family. He cautiously wraps his clawed hand around the door knob, and slightly opens it just a crack...

---

Kowabunga (cowabunga?) It's a fucking cliffhanger! P.S., next chapter will include some of my art of some canon designs (love interests thru chapter 1-23 + Technoblade)

Otherwise, thank you guys so much for over 10k reads!!

Love y'all so much!!

DATE PUBLISHED: February 13th, 2023
WORD COUNT: 836