▫️Chapter 21▪️

๑^ᴗ^๑

Elsewhere...

His calloused hands laid the paper out for the rest of the people in the small room to see.

"In the name of Fae, may this war end in success," The male suddenly shouted, the others in the room shouted back, "Success for our Fae!"

And on they went, discussing different war patterns and even bringing up new tactile equipment and designs for new weapons.

They were prepared, much more prepared than the SBI Kingdom.

But, something within the hybrid community was stirring. Whatever it was is a mystery, even to me. I'm not joking, I don't know.

Hours pass before the main guy excuses them. All of the hybrids leave for their tent.

These next few days are going to be very tense...

--

"Wilbur."

The brunette peeks from the papers, in front of him are his two brothers. Wilbur sighs, fixing his posture.

"What's going on? Where's y/n been? Why have you been so cooped up here, too?" Tommy begins, asking so many questions before Techno places his hand on the younger ones' shoulder

"Wil, are you okay?" Techno asks. Wilbur pauses, staring elsewhere with no real answer.

Techno grunts, removing his hand from Tommy and stepping forward. He fishes a folded paper from his pocket before tossing it in front of Wilbur.

Wilbur, with slow, sluggish movements opens the paper.

It was the document explaining the declaration of war.

Wilbur was too tired to appropriately react. Instead, he stared down at the paper blankly. His brothers stared back.

"I..." Hesitation.

Hesitation can say a lot about someone.

Techno narrows his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell us?" A shadow casts over Technoblade's face. Tommy nervously shifts in the background, deciding to move his gaze elsewhere.

"I don't know..." Wilbur's voice is hoarse and shaky. When was the last time he interacted with someone?

Tommy's gaze shifted to Wilbur, but it moved away just as quickly.

Techno sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He looks towards Tommy and nudges him, the two nod as if they understood what the other was hinting at before walking towards both sides of Wilbur.

Confused and very sleep-deprived, Wilbur only looked at the two with a confused look. Tommy and Techno both grab the brunet's arms and lift him. The two brothers leave the study as they drag the middle child, forcing him into his room and making his tired ass sleep.

--

And then, Fiona. The young child had been stuck in her room for so long, since birth. Every time she begged her father to let her play in the pretty flowers below, her requests were always turned down. Why? People won't like her if they see her.

Fiona was always left with herself. When she was younger, she had to have one of the maids accompany her until she started to quickly mature. She aged just as fast as a fox; both physically and mentally - although it seems the quick ageing slowed down by a lot.

Fiona was the royalty secret; alongside Wilbur's affair with an underage hybrid.

Today Wilbur explained to Fiona that today would be special; that she would be able to go outside. The way Fiona bounced with joy made Wilbur smile, but that up-turned expression fell just as quickly as it happened. 

Wilbur stopped Fiona by gently grasping her small hands, "But, I can't join you. Mx Y/N will take you on an adventure." Fiona stuttered, confused as to why her dad can't join. 

Fiona only stuttered out a weak 'why.'

Wilbur hesitated, "Because I have to prepare a big party when you come back, but you can't tell Mx Y/N or anyone else about it, okay?" Fiona's childish glee returned.

"Oooo! Of course! Yes yes yes!" Fiona returned to her giddiness, bouncing in place as she hugged the brunet.

He can feel his eyes watering.

This is a lot harder than he thought it would be.

Fiona then ran to the balcony, pressing her face and hands on the glass as she stares outside. Wilbur bit his lip, blinking away tears.

He slowly trudges beside his daughter, kneeling and patting her head before kissing it. "I'll be back when you return. Mx Y/N will pick you up either today or tomorrow." Wilbur finished before leaving the young girl's room just as another maid enters with a plate of food.

"Sir," The maid quickly bows before entering and kneeling beside Fiona.

Wilbur leaves in silence.

--

Tommy stares blankly at the book. He doesn't like studying, he would much prefer doing anything else but this. Hell, he doesn't even need to be studying this! But Phil makes him do it if he wants to be king. It was nothing but boring law stuff.

Finally, he groans and stretches away from the dimly lit desk, staring at the ceiling with little to no interest whatsoever.

Y/N would usually come in, sitting with Tommy as the two would chat. Y/N would've made this so much more fun. Tommy frowns before sitting back up, roughly rubbing at his head.

He can't think of Y/N right now, he has so much to do. But, he can't help it. Burying his head in his arms, he squeezes his eyes shut. You're really stuck in his mind, to the point where it's frustrating him.

A sudden knock at the door finally snaps Tommy out of his trance. Techno walks in with a small folded paper in between his fingers.

"We need to talk."

---

There you go, four different points of view loosely tied into one another. Also, yes, Techno will be a more prominent character. It feels wrong to have him only be mentioned a few times, so he'll be a more prominent character. Also, again, no Techno will not be a love interest, he'll be a platonic character that will provide to the 'plot.'

Otherwise, how are ya'll doing?

DATE PUBLISHED: January 20th, 2023

WORD COUNT: 942