▪️ Chapter 8 ▫️

🧋

You silently sat in the comfy chair in Wilbur's study. It was a messy study, open books and stray papers strewn about. It gave off a more comfy vibe if anything. You sat there for quite awhile, maybe a few minutes.

You turned your attention to the face down photo on the desk, picking it up and facing it towards you. It was a younger version of Wilbur, with shorter hair and no stubble on his chin. It was him and a gorgeous strawberry blonde woman. She had ocean blue eyes, and it almost looks like she had scales around her ears and cheeks. She smiled a bright smile, and the closer you looked, the more you realized that she had sharper teeth. It was almost like she was a hybrid.

Maybe shes the water deity that King Phil was talking about a few years ago. Don't fuck the water deities, Phil scolded.

You put the picture back in its place wehn you heard four voices echo through the halls. When the voices stopped at the door, you hear Wilbur's familiar accent through the door, talking to his father.

The door opens, and in comes King Phil and his three sons. You give a small smile, only Tommy really answers with a small sad smile. Wilbur sits at his study, with his two brothers standing behind him. King Phil stays behind you, with his hand grabbing the back of the chair.

This is going to be an uncomfortable experience...

---

Deep into the interrogation, you kept insisting that you 'got lost'. You knew that was a lie, but you kept it up. You insisted it was true, you promised you weren't lying.

Liar. You suck at this, to be honest.

Actually, why were you lying?

Come to think of it, you could rat out Dream. You could tell them we're the cottage was, tell them about you getting kidnapped but then beating his ass. Actually, you'd gladly tell anyone about kicking someone else's ass, a bit of a trait that stuck with you since you were younger.

After what felt like an hour, a sudden knock on the door almost made you jump. It was a knight, you think. Or a butler. You didn't really recognize the male who opened the door.

"King Eret has arrived your highness." The male spoke. King Phil gives an irritated sigh.

"Inform him that I'll be down to greet him in a few minutes, I'm a bit busy at the moment."

Come to think of it, you never met anyone from any neighboring kingdoms. When someone does visit, you tend to stick to the kitchen and continue to guide the others around. You've gotten peeks and glances at other royalty. You think you've gotten a chance to meet King Eret.

A tall person with long curly brown hair. He has a deep accented voice, which actually made other maids gush over him. From what you've eavesdropped, Eret seems to be a kind soul. He always wears really dark sunglasses as well, but you tend to ignore it.

The male leaves and Phil turns to you. "Since you're telling the truth, you may leave. But please, go home first, get some rest." Phil smiles at you like a father would to his child. You smiled back and stood. [You smoothes your dress/dusted off your pants] before someone gently grabs your shoulder.

Phil and Techno leave without a word while Wilbur and Tommy stay behind. Tommy was the one who held your shoulder. You pull Tommy into a hug, and he hugs you back, wrapping his arms around your waist in a tired way.

"I'm glad your safe." Tommy whispers in your ear. "I'll always be safe, no matter the situation." You whisper back. The two of you end your hug and Tommy fixes his hair. "Guess I'll go off and join Dad." And Tommy left.

It was just you and Wilbur, alone together. A comfortable silence echoed the room before Wilbur broke the silence with a sigh. "Were you really lost?" Wilbur asked in a bit of a shakey, low voice.

"Yeah. I took a wrong turn and found myself lost in the forest behind the garden, probably farther than that." You hesitated to speak again, "Why?"

"I know what you act like when you lie."

You froze, blinking a few times to realize what he truly said. He knows how you lie? How does he know how you lie?

"...What..?"

"I know how you lie. You weren't lost. Did you run away? Did you get kidnapped?"

"No, no, no, I got lost. I didn't run away. I didn't get kidnapped. No one touched me, or was even near me in the forest."

Wilbur kept the same blank stare. His eyes bored into yours as your heart beats faster and faster.

"Stop lying to me, Y/N. Did you run away? Did you run away from me?"

"Wilbur, what are you talking about? I didn't run away. I wasn't kidnapped, I only got lost-"

At a fast pace, Wilbur gripped your wrist and held it up and he forced you against the wall. His face stayed dark and his gaze got worse. It scared you.

"Darling, I know many things about you. Know long how you lie, how you talk, your entire family history, I know. it. all."

You stay silent, inbreathing and shocked. You did the first thing you could think of doing.

You headbutted him in the face.

Maybe you shouldn't of been violent, but you did. Wilbur stumbled backward hold onto his face. You took this as your chance to leave the study, taking turns left and right to find some sort of exit.

You knew he wouldn't chase you. You shouldn't've even headbutted him in the face, either. Now your gonna lose your job, loose your citizenship, your gonna be wanted by the-

Is that Phil?

----

Holy shit balls your screwed

Wilbur - 💞 - Why did you run away from his arms? Did you hate him? Do you have someone else who you love more? He wants you back into his arms, probably also locked away only for him to have. And ever since you headbutted him, so hard, right in the face, he only wants you more. And maybe, just maybe, he wants you to hurt him. Just a bit though, he's not used to this, after all.

Tommy - 💛 - He's happy your back, especially because he can finally rest better.

🔑 New hearts unlocked! 🔓
💚 - Platonically obbsessed
🤍 - They see you as a god. Nothing more than a god. Platonic worshipping, basically.
⭐ - A possessive parental figure

Philza - ⭐ - A father child relationship. Philza was so scarred about your sudden disappearance that it left him practically panicking. After all, it did remind him of his wives sudden death.

Word count: 1146
Date published: September 16th, 2022