▪️Chapter 14▫️

☘️

(CW; DEATH)

Luck can come in many forms. Wether it be minor or major, everyone will experience some form of luck. Some people don't deserve it, some people deserve it more than others. It all depends what happens above, or maybe below.

A constant board game played by millions of souls, some waiting millions of years to even get the slightest sliver of luck whilst others get luck just about every minute.

One thing that will never change is wether or not a new soul appears, or if one of the wispy figures disappears into nothingness. It never changes. It's like having a hand-me-down.

If we were to talk about Y/N, thinking about this, they would be more or so out of luck. Since the day they were born, they've been stuck in a loveless household.

A mother too young to conceive a child and a father who was blinded by riches and fame. Kenneth Lovegrove and... What was Y/N's mother's name again..?

It's always been hard to remember ever since her name has been scrubbed from people's minds. Ever since she mysteriously went 'missing'.

Y/N remembers what happened. Kenneth doesn't know, though.

Y/N hid away in a cupboard near the ground. It was the perfect size for a younger Y/N to fit in.

As Y/N hid in the darkness, knees curled to their chest, the faint sound of arguing between her mother and Kenneth.

Y/N could only try to tune it out, hugging a ragged stuffed toy close to their chest.

After a moment or two, silence. Then, clicking noises, distressed crying, Kenneth saying something in a low voice, then a loud bang. A considerably loud thud hit the ground almost instantly and Kenneth mutters something again.

The distressed cry's had stopped.

A door opened, then closed.

Silence.

Y/N soon decided to creep out of the cupboard, wide eyes scanning the room. Your eyes reached the body of your mother.

She was the one of the ground, red metallic liquid pooling around her and staining her clothes.

You crept out, squeezing the toy close to your chest.

Your mother's lifeless eyes stare off, her mouth slightly agape. A hole dug in to her chest, down in her heart.

Strange black liquid suddenly starts bubbling out of the wound, causing you to back up out of fear, yet curiosity kept your eyes locked onto it.

You watch silently as the bubbling black liquid starts taking over your one alive mother's corpse, eating away at her clothes and skin and bones, leaving almost nothing behind.

In mere minutes your mother's body was completely gone, leaving a piece of jewelry alone in the mess of liquids.

The short silver chain was left shinier then how you remembered it, and the small gemstone changed from a light baby blue to a dark purple.

You dared not to touch the bracelet, instead watching all remnants of a corpse being there to dissolve in front of your eyes.

And soon, even the black liquid itself puddled into nothing, leaving you in a dark room, snuggling that plush of yours close as the purple gemstone radiates the light shining through the window, leaving the gemstone with a pretty shimmering affect.

It almost brought you closer to it, roping you in ever so silently. Your tiny child-like hands reach over the once blood covered floor and gently touch the bracelet, sending a shock through your body. You flinch back, surprised. Once again, you reach forward and finally take the bracelet, snatching it.

Holding the bracelet, you stare in wonder at it; everything you just experienced feels as if it's fading away. The trauma you just endured dissolved into your childhood innocence. Seconds slowly pass, and when you finally tear your eyes away, you had become oblivious to everything that had happened.

Someone who had opened the door startled you, making you turn to it. It was your- uh, Kenneth. He turned to you, and his face stayed stoic.

"Get out of my office."

-----

Wow, Y/N's backstory?! Well shit, that's something to think about.

In other words, thank y'all so much for over 3k reads! I've never been so happy for something I've made! And as for the QnA, I might not do it with the lack of questions.

L

WORC COUNT: 733
DATE PUBLISHED: November 25th, 2022