⠂Chapter 11⠐

“I find it amusing how you were the one who told me to not get into a fight,” Bucky says as I exit my room in the morning.

“He deserved it,” I grumble, rubbing my eyes.

“Also, how’s that hangover?”

I shoot him an annoyed look which deepens at his smirk. “Terrible,” I groan. “You’re lucky you can’t get drunk.”

“Not necessarily,” he responds quietly.

“Did I accidentally give anyone my number?” I ask, walking into the kitchen. I fill a teapot with water and place it on the stove, turning the heat on.

“Two girls and three guys,” Bucky replies, following me in and sitting on one of the stools.

“Lovely,” I mutter sarcastically, leaning on the counter. “Did you get anyone’s number?” I ask, looking up at him.

He yawns and shrugs which is as much a yes as anything. “You might want to ice your hands. Your knuckles are probably bruised.”

I glance down at my hands, finally noticing the painful throb coming from them. “How hard did I hit him?” I murmur to myself.

The teapot starts whistling and I turn around and grab a mug from the cabinet and place a chia green tea bag into it before pouring boiling water in.

I empty the rest of the steaming water into the sink and gingerly lift the mug, bringing it over to the counter. “Where’s my phone?” I ask, glancing around.

Bucky stands and walks out of the room before coming back in, my phone in hand. He places it in front of me before seating himself again. I turn it on and let out a sigh at the notifications.

I ignore the ones from unknown numbers and notice one from Clare. I frown and open it.

Karl’s being a dumbass and won’t listen to me.

“Son of a bitch,” I mutter, glaring down at my CEO’s name. I need to replace him.

Bucky watches me, his face blank except for the small shine of curiosity in his eyes.

I look back down at my phone and text Clare back.

Where is he right now? 

She responds quickly.

He’s in a meeting with some people at a fancy hotel.

I roll my eyes and take a tentative sip of my steaming tea before texting her.

I’ll deal with it. Thanks.

“I need to go yell at my CEO,” I say, glancing up at Bucky.

He yawns again. “Finish your tea first,” he says, a small smile on his face.

I roll my eyes and take another sip. “Ow. Fuck,” I mutter, burning my tongue.

“It’s not even been five minutes and you’ve already cursed twice,” Bucky comments smugly, studying his metal hand.

I shoot him a glare before taking my tea into the living room. “It’s been barely five minutes and you’ve already managed to get on my nerves.”

Bucky chuckles. “Sounds like a you problem,” he says, copying a phrase I use often.

I stick my tongue out at him before cautiously taking another sip of my tea. I finish the tea and get dressed, putting on a cobalt jumpsuit with flowy legs and sleeves. I do my hair and put earrings in before pulling on my heeled, black, lace-up ankle boots.

I grab a black long coat before exiting my room. “Where’d I put the car keys?” I ask, grabbing my phone and wallet.

“Oh… you look professional,” Bucky comments, sounding surprised.

“My CEO is having a business meeting so, yes.”

“I can drive you,” Bucky offers.

I look at him, frowning. “And why would you do that?” I ask, narrowing my eyes in suspicion.

Bucky shrugs. “Because I know driving in heels is difficult,” he says.

I roll my eyes, knowing that’s not the only reason. I pause to think about letting him drive me. He does have a talent for intimidating people. I quickly assess what he’s wearing and make a decision. “Okay, sure.”

I pull up the directions to the hotel as Bucky moves the car out onto the street. We drive for a little over fifteen minutes before reaching a very expensive-looking hotel.

I step out of the car, pulling the front of my coat closed against the chill. I enter the hotel and my eyes nearly bug out at the interior.