⠂Chapter 20⠐|Bucky| (Continued)

TW: Same as the previous two chapters
~~~~~~

"Pardon?" she asked, sounding like she was about to laugh.

"Do you wanna go up or not?" I asked her, starting to get impatient.

She rolled her eyes and tentatively placed her foot on my shoulder, putting a hand on the container. "Okay. Whatever you're gonna do, do it," she said, still looking skeptical.

I stood up, not exactly quick, but not slowly either. I watched her bite down hard on her bottom lip to prevent herself from making a noise but a small squeak of surprise escaped.

Not risking her balance further she quickly stepped up onto the small open space and pressed herself against the side of the container on top of the bottom one.

I merely bunched my legs and launched myself up, landing noiselessly next to her. Her eyes went wide and she gave me a quick up and down look.

There was no container on top of this one which made it easier for me to, first placing the rifle down carefully, knit my hands together and push her up until she could pull herself onto the top.

I picked the rifle up again before making a small hop, latching my left hand onto the top and pulling myself up, staying low down.

"So. What did you do to get these guys after you?" the woman asked, her eyes watching me closely.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure what they want with me," I admitted, glancing back down at where we had been standing.

"Do you get shot at often?" she questioned, her eyes gleaming with amusement.

"Only on good days," I responded, not even realizing I was making a joke until she let out a small snort. "You're bleeding... in a few places," I commented quietly.

She glanced down before shrugging. "I'm aware." Her head snapped toward where the men were located and she scooted toward the edge before dropping into an army crawl.

Oh. Military, I realized, finally solving the mystery behind her skill. After a few seconds of peeking over the edge, she scooted back and returned to a crouch. "So. How do you want to deal with them?" she asked. Her tone may have sounded cheery but I could see the resignation in her gaze.

I glanced at the gun she was holding and the one I was holding. She nodded.

It took very little time to take them each out. At some point we made it back down to the ground, finishing off the last ones.

"I think I'm gonna throw up," she whispered, looking around at the blood-soaked wood.

"Please don't," I murmured, watching her cautiously.

She quickly dropped the gun she was holding and hurried behind a nearby container. She was not joking.

She came back a moment later, looking a little better. "We should get rid of the bodies," she murmured, avoiding eye contact. As we slowly dragged the bodies into a pile near the edge of the dock rain started falling.

Neither of us commented on it and just continued to move the limp forms in silence.

The one good thing about the rain was that it was slowly washing the blood away, and with it, easing the weight on my chest a bit. They may have been after me for something bad, but I still hated having to kill them.

"You're The Winter Soldier, aren't you?" I'm caught completely off guard by the question and pause, looking up at her. "Thought so," she muttered, confirming her assumption without me saying anything.

"What gave it away?" I asked quietly, adding the last body to the pile.

She shrugged. "Rumors," she said finally. She jogged down in a direction before returning with a big chain.

"Wha-?"

"So they sink," she said simply, nodding to the bodies. She looked like she might be sick again so I quickly took the chain, wondering how she thought of that.

I made sure each of the bodies was attached to the chain before pushing them over into the water. We stood side-by-side, me, a trained assassin, and this mysterious woman with a military background and raging attitude.

We both waited until the bodies were submerged enough until we couldn't see them. The rain had increased quite a bit and she glanced up. "My name's Astrid by the way," she murmured, looking at me.

"Thank you... For helping me."

She shrugged like it was nothing. "Why aren't you with S.H.I.E.L.D?" she asked suddenly, giving me a suspicious look.

"Hydra," I responded simply.

She hesitated, seeming as if she might want to say something. "Do you need somewhere to lay low for a little?" she asked haltingly, frowning at her own words.

"Are you offering?"

She stared at me for a long moment. "Yes."