⠂Chapter 33⠐

“Did you get your outfit re-tailored?” Natasha asks.

“Yeah. A few days ago,” I respond, hurrying around the kitchen in my rooms.

“It smells really good,” she says, watching me closely.

I chuckle. “Thanks.” I pull a peta out of the oven and place it onto a plate. Turning off the stove I scoop up some of the sauteed vegetables and place them onto the warmed peta.

I hurry over to the other end of the counter and pick up the container holding the spicy mustard sauce I made. Bringing it back over to the plate I put it carefully onto the vegetables.

I place the plate in front of Natasha and glance over at the couch where Sam is lounging. “Sam. Do you want some?” I ask.

He looks up quickly. “Are you offering?” he asks, getting up.

I smile and make some for him and place the plate down onto the counter. He takes it and both he and Natasha take a bite of it. “Oh, wow. That’s amazing,” Natasha says, taking another bite.

Sam is so focused on eating he isn’t able to comment on it. “I’m glad you like it,” I say, smiling. I start cleaning up and putting stuff away. I wash the dishes that are in the sink and clean down the counters before taking Natasha and Sam’s plates and washing them as well.

“Okay. Now shoo. I have training I need to get to,” I say.

The pair grudgingly get up and walk toward the door. “Don’t beat Steve too hard,” Sam comments, a smirk on his face, before he ducks out after Natasha, closing the door behind him.

I roll my eyes before going and changing into work-out clothing. I put my hair up and go down to the gym. I put my stuff down and take out wrist wraps, wrapping my hands with them.

Making sure the wraps are tight enough I walk over to an already set up punching bag and slide into a fighting stance.

I spend a while on the punching bag, not even realizing my punches are getting harder until the punching bag goes flying into the wall.

Shocked, I stand frozen for a few seconds before slowly walking over to it. I pick it up and walk back over to where it had been hanging, reattaching the metal clasp.

I place my hand on it to stop its swaying before beginning to punch it again. This time I add in some kicks, mindful to keep the punching bag attached to the ceiling this time.

“Hello Steve,” I say, turning.

He smiles slightly. “You're early,” he comments.

I shrug and step away from the punching bag, beginning to unwrap my hands. “What are we doing today?” I ask, rolling the wrist wraps back up and placing them in my bag.

“I want you to stay on the offense as much as possible,” he responds, turning to face me.

I let out an annoyed breath. “Fine,” I mutter, walking onto the training mat.

I cross my arms and wait as he steps onto the mat. “Go on,” he taunts, smirking.

My eyes narrow and I slide into a fighting stance, watching him carefully. I shuffle toward him and faint right but go left and punch him in the side. I hop back and away as he turns and throws a punch. I lean back quickly, avoiding a collision with his knuckles, and deliver a front kick.

He grabs my ankle and twists it. I twist with my foot, spinning in the air, and yank my ankle out of his grasp, landing on both feet.

“Good. But you can do better,” he says.

“You can be very annoying. You know that?” I say, giving him a quick up and down look. Not waiting for a response I kick his knee, making it collapse, before aiming another kick at his chest. Before it makes contact he grabs my leg, sending me to the ground.

I kick out with my other leg, hooking it around his neck and bringing myself up against his head. I manage to get my other leg out of his grasp and around the other side of his neck.

I flick my hips hard and send us both down, my legs still wrapped around his neck, speezing slightly. Steve flails around, his hands coming up to try to grab my upper leg. He slowly starts to move my leg away from his neck and I start squeezing harder, trying to stop him. I manage to for a few seconds before he starts pulling again.

I try overpowering him, though I know it’s futile. Just as he’s close to releasing his neck from between my legs I completely loosen them and slip out from under him, standing.

I take a quick step before dropping my knee into his stomach, knocking the wind out of him. I straighten and stare down at him as he slowly starts regaining his normal breathing.

I blow a strand of hair out of my face and smirk. He slowly sits up and stares at me, seeming to mull something over. “You’re fighting style is a bit erotic,” he mumbles, still trying to catch his breath.

I snort. “I’m just creative.”

~~~~~~

Tbh I kinda love this chapter... just my opinion