Chapter 18: BETs

"Ok everyone... everyone knows how BETs work... so no need explanation! Let's...Get....This....Party Started!"
I got this... I'll kill them all. I will be going for you... Northeastern.
"Quinn!" Lay cried out waving his right hands... Quinn stopped to hear what Lay was trying to tell him.
Lay caught up to Quinn and said that he wants to say. Quinn was concerned that Lay would say something that he disagrees with.
Lay stood firm and turned around and started walking..."Make sure to not hold back on any of them. If they say stop... keep going. Keep on moving forward and don't look back." Lay walked slowly, and everyone noticed it... "There you go folks, the most powerful Player as we know it has said something to his comrade... is his comrade strong as him. If you don't know him... his name is Lay." Everyone looked at Lay... everyone knew him... Grandma looked down and saw Lay. Grandma was at the VIP seats... and her family with her. Quinn went up on the stage and had his fist was very ready to feel the other player's bodies.

"Wow, this kid is really something..." A Festival Head said. Grandma responded, "Of course he is... he was born and breed for being someone so important. You can't even fathom how his aura affects me when he first entered my party. You would feel anxious Seo Yoon." Seo Yoon laughed and was delighted to hear the compliment from Grandma. Seo Yoon was one of the 10 heads or Jibaeja now as they have renewed their name. Seo Yoon is the 2nd Jibaeja and Grandma the 3rd. Only half of the Festival Jibaeja are attending the Festical currently. Seo Yoon, the 2nd. Kameko Furakawa is the 3rd, also more known as Grandma. Terry Krendel is the 6th. Jin Min-Jun is the 7th Jibaeja, said to be among the strongest players who have walked the world. And lastly the 9th, Lily Hirk. Their aura is kept closed because if released, this would be a graveyard.

Sana was at the booth waiting for Lay to come back. As Lay was walking to the booth head down. Sana yelled for him. He looked up and saw Sana waving her hand, with her very big smile that made all the boys from the area fall in love. Her presence was very soothing, it makes you feel safe, like she will never give up on somebody so it's okay to be vulnerable to her. She has the feeling around her that smells feel at ease. It attracted a lot of boys to her. Lay jogged to her at jumped to give her a high five from her waving. They both laughed and Sana asked about what Lay said to Quinn, "I just told him to not hold back." Sana nodded and they both sat down on their hard-not so comfy seat. They waited for it to begin. Lay whispered to himself, intentionally for Quinn, he whispered for Quinn. "Quinn, control your emotions, don't let it take control of you."

"Let us begin the 2nd BETs!"
These guys, cocky and planning their plans out loud, what kind of stupidity is this? Are you taking things seriously? "Hey Quinn, are you ready? What's our plan?" Evan asked Quinn, Evan is a junior and is one of the strongest junior we know. Evan is a very high A-rank. Zion was also there poking around to see what people are talking about. Zion comes to the conversation between Evan and Quinn. "People are talking about the high ground and it's very essential of course, but how are we going to get a high ground if we are in a plain?" Quinn was still furious about earlier. "Don't worry about it, I got this." The announcer cuts all conversations... "Let is all BEGIN!"
Notification: Starting jump, 3...2...1. Jump is ready. Transferring in 3...2...1...

"Ice Tower..." Quinn without even knowing the terrain, sprouted literally, an Ice Tower. About 130 meters tall. Evan and Zion was screaming because the Tower was about the width of a trampoline. The Ice Tower took about 1 minute. Quinn spiked the base of the tower so no one can come close to it. Apparently, they were in a plain. There was no sight of structures, just land, land that stretched out for miles. The players started using the ice spikes to their advantage. They would push people in them, which kills them, because they get impaled by the ice. It was grassland area. It was just grass, a field of grass. Not even climactic... but the screams of pain from players ruins the calmness of the dancing grass as the winds blow onto them. Evan and Zion was surprised that their this up high. "Easy win, though!" Evan and Zion was dancing together and were just happy and excited. They had no acre of death at all. Quinn was mad but kept control, "How about we end this BET?" Zion and Evan both responded, "How are we going to do that? We can't possibly end it? It's going to take like 10 minutes top." Quinn said no need to worry.

Sana pulls out some glasses, Lay looked at her. Sana proceeds to put on her glasses... it had a black rim and it was basically black on every aspect. Except the glass of the glasses. It was very cute. She looked up at Lay... "What?" Lay shook his head and looked up at the screen. Sana still was looking at Lay with a pout face. She was trying to seduce him and get the information she wants. Lay made a pout face trying to endure the seductive cuteness of his elder. He turned quickly and asked, "Do you wear glasses?" Sana nodded. She said that her eyesight is kind of bad so she wears glasses sometimes. She can see without them, but it's much better with glasses. They then looked back at the screen.

"{Frigid Embrace}...." Quinn whispered his move. And then, the ice spikes from the bottom of the tower began detaching from the base and homes in to the other players. They ran away from the spoke that was 2 meters long and the diameter where the ice detached from is about big as a car wheel. Players started to panic even more. They started to get imposed by the never ending ice spikes. Eventually Quinn evaporated his Ice Tower slowly. The tower then was low enough for the 3 of them to get off it. The last boy had a green and gold attire. He was a Northeastern player. Quinn sprung his hand up, and his hand was open, and making a karate chop form. Then, all the ice spikes that was sprouted front the tower all hovered around the lost-legged player. Quinn then "chopped" the air, and his hand pointed to the player who is on the ground, and that player was burning with anger. Kyle, was in raged by Quinn, he was 4th place after all. Then, all the ice spikes struck Kyle. With him dying, the 2nd BET ended.

"Lighthouse, again! They won 2 BETs and 1 GETs. Meaning they are pretty far in the leaderboard."
Lay and the rest of his teammates was forced to watch the rest of the BETs and GETs, Richmond won 1 GET, and 1 BET. While Northeastern  won the rest. Which made them win overall today. Northeaster has a player, named Jordan, who basically is an Na-rank, broke the whole crowd, more than Lay. He made a great impression, enough that people call him the 7th Na-rank. But people don't know that there was already 7th Na-rank. He is the 10th Na-rank. Richmond's girls are surprisingly great at the game. They are a force to be reckoned with.

Bedtime

Lay was walking with Sana, and it was time to head to the dorms. Everyone walked with their team. Lay and Sana was always walking together. Quinn observes. Quinn didn't bother them. He had more important things to attend, like his crush. Quinn went with his mom and Alyssa's mom to check on Alyssa. And the night was over.