Chapter 17: Torch Down

Guys I've decided I'll no longer update on Tuesdays and Thursdays, rather I'll be updating every Monday and Fridays .

Lana catwalked down the tarmac, toward the silver coloured limousine while adjusting her pink headphones to her ears as she listened to Miley Cyrus's Angels like you, not having a care in the world. She'd have her bags delivered straight to the hotel she had booked prior to arrival.

Adjusting her babypink chanel top she wore over her white pants and a pair of Jimmy Choo heels. She flipped her red hair, taking off her headphones from her ears and attaching it to her neck, her mouth curled in a plastic
Smile as she waved at the paparazzi who took shots of her.

"Over her princess Svetlana, smile for the cam your highness" An African American paparazzo calls causing Lana to laugh.

Americans are really something.

"Your majesty, there are reports that you are no longer the heir to the Elysesian throne" A paparazzo threw but Lana ignored him.

"You're highness is it true you were adopted as stated by your brother, prince Gyuri?" A hot blonde reporter asked.

That bastard she'll definitely kill him.

"No comment" she answered, which came out more like nor corment due to her Elysesian accent, as questions flew from angle. Luckily she got to the vehicle while a brown haired thirty  something year old white male dressed in a white suit(for he had insisted he'd rather die than wear pink) who sat in the driver's side.

"What the hell Eddie, why did you not warn me of those sharks" she snipped, angry at the Man.

Eddie Summers  who had started working for Lana since he was twenty  one, kept silent, Lana was not really angry at him, knowing if he defended himself he'd be in trouble. Having heard from the news of Lana's adoption he had been surprised, not at the fact she was adopted but that the little weasel she called a brother suddenly had the guts to pull such strings.

"I'm sorry Lana, where to" Eddie changed the topic.

"To the hotel"

************************************
The limo sped along  imperial Highway as Eddie drove like a crazed race car driver, driving past vehicles he couldn't help but see two speed bikes on his tail.

"Lana I think we are being followed"  Eddie said as he cast a quick glance at the side mirrors. Yep he wasn't crazy, they were being tailed for sure.

"Why do you think so?" Lana whose mood was still down asked, she had a feeling something was wrong.

"They are four motorcycles tailing us the past thirty minutes"

"Must be the Paps" Lana suggested.

"No I don't think so, Lana" Eddie argued raising his right hand wiping the sweat on his brow, something was wrong he could feel it in his gut.

************************************

All his life Simon Gilmore had wanted one thing.  Not to turn out like his father. But then life had never been fair to everyone himself included. He probably was a little better than his dad, but God knows his life was shitty. He had lost his wife just two years after he had gotten married to her, his twin eighteen year old daughters wanted nothing to do with him, he drank and swore like a sailor and screwed around as well and barely managed to hold down a job.

The new one he had recently gotten he was thankful For someone who had a degree in  chemistry, he sure worked in  a chemical company, as a truck driver but he didn't mind, his track record was bad plus the pay was great and he had gotten this one after he had met a classmate who had recommended Simon to his boss. So he had left Morristown, TN for Los Angeles.

Swerving  right, he narrowly avoided hitting a motorcycle moving so fast along the imperial Highway.

"Watch where you are going you cunt suckin' sonofabitch" Simon yelled oblivious to a silver limo on his right.

But then it was already too late when he'd noticed for the two vehicles collided, causing them to hit another truck passing by.

Chaos  erupted as the flames erupted the limo. As a masked man on a motorcycle threw a  hand grenade into the vehicle. The car exploded with the other two also caught aflame causing a road block.

People seeing this ran out of vehicles, dragging children, pets and loved ones along with them. Sirens of fire trucks and the police could be heard from afar as the rushed to the scene of crime.

***********************************

Uriel watched as death reapers harvested souls, she watched as Eddie was reaped and felt a little pang in her heart. She had awoken at the cost of death of mortals, eleven humans wear dead and although she hadn't thrown the grenade herself but she had been the one the demons had wanted albeit they had no idea she was the one but she also knew it was her father's will for the time had come.

"Hey you where's my sister Raven, where's Caz?" Uriel asked pointing her sword at the neck of  a reaper who was in a black cloak and held a scythe on his left hand and who didn't recognise the red haired angel.

************************************

And that's a wrap, will y'all believe me if  I told you I had no idea this chapter would turn out this way, it was totally the opposite of what I had planned to write.

And I'm sure there's a lot of grammatical errors, but don't kill me just yet, imma get back to that later.

Annnnnnnddd do not forget to vote, comment and follow. Thanks

   ❤️Mae