Chapter 35: Attack II

Dedicated to MissAgataaa

"We are under attack"   Bastiel yells through the mic with fear. The angel had been overwhelmed by hordes of demons storming the Golden city of angels.  From the watchtower which was his office  Bastiel could tell there were billions of them each bearing weapons that looked like guns but the energies they gave out(only he could feel it) felt different and he had a feeling those weapons were made specially for angels.

Putting on his amour, he took his samurai which hung on the front door as he rarely used it, he closed his eyes for a second then concentrated on the weapon he now wanted, he opened his eyes to see the samurai change to a RPG. Quickly launching himself in the air (which thank goodness was the only advantage he had over those leeches) he launches an Azrael -missile into a troop of scaly red demons taking great pleasure as they burn to ash. Without wasting much time the angel flew straight for the Arch angel cathedral.

************************************

Caz dodged another bullet which almost hit her. For some reason it seemed she couldn't summon her reapers and ravens, or even her weapons. If she didn't know better she'd believe she had lost her powers. Sparing a quick glance at Uriel, Caz could tell the angel wasn't faring well. They were clearly at a disadvantage and Caz hated that.

"You can't get away from me"  Asmodeus yelled from the other side of 'Ricardo' (a hotel in Staunton island owned by an Italian billionaire Ricardo Ricci who was also a reaper)

"Watch me do that asshole" Caz yelled back buying Uriel time as she moved behind a potted plan. Caz needed her to come up with something or they would both be toast.

Series of gunshots sounded as the soldiers shot towards Castiel's direction and Caz who knew she'd get shot if she stayed jumped down, free falling as she landed at the bottom of the thirty two storey, scaring off a couple who had been kissing on the gardens. Uriel landed almost the same time Caz did but it seemed no one saw her.

"Hey Caz, I'll attack from the left and you from the right" Uriel whispers "we are getting weapons"

" Okay, Got it" Caz nodded. A woman who had seen Castiel talking to no one, gave a look that said Caz belonged to an asylum.

"What?" Caz sneered at the woman who glared back, then storms out although not without muttering about crazy rich people.

************************************

Asmodeus knew Castiel's powers were bound. His sources from the Golden city had told him (or rather his master) and had gotten him a lot of ammunition from the city's armory. Plan D was working way more than any other plan had and he'd bet with every shadow under his command Lucifer didn't need Castiel anymore. With her now as weak as they came he'd kill her and take over the role his Lord had wanted for her. Soon Earth, heaven and hell would all belong to Lucifer, and he'd rule hell as it's new master.

A sudden gunshot  followed by a cry startled Asmodeus turned to see his demons falling at the hands of Death, who was wielding an XM250 machine gun, shooting down his demons like they were moving targets. In just a blink of an eye the battle tide had changed and Asmodeus could tell he had been wrong about Castiel. She was a natural born killer and that was why his master wanted her.

A bullet wheezed past his ears breaking him out his reverie. If he wasn't too careful he'd join his fallen comrades. He pulls out his Heckler and Koch VP9 pistol firing at both angels while retreating. He watched out the corner of his eyes as both angels killed their way toward him with a ferocity that scared the shit out of him(with Castiel shooting toward him while Uriel covered her back firing the demon's from Castiel's back)

"Got nowhere to hide demon" Castiel sneered coming closer and pointing the gun on his forehead, and Uriel finished off the last demon. And that was when Asmodeus knew he was toast.

He closed his eyes, resigning to his fate as the gun went off.

*****************************************************************

Asmodeus is dead. In the original script he escaped, so killing him off wasn't my idea, it was Castiel's, she kept whispering into my ears he needed to die, so I had to kill him off. Who am I to say no to the angel of Death.