Chapter 50: World Wars Three

Uriel fought with everything in her though she her movements lacked finesse, but her precision was anything but. With a thunderous roar she cut down demons like one would grass. Making her way towards the hordes of them as her sister's army fought alongside her. Both sides were both getting weak and although the death soldiers fought with all their strength, they lacked motivation as they were without their lord.

Flying up to the sky as she dodged a weapon aiming towards, she parried with the demon who had shot an arrow at her exchanging blows with him, quickly accessing his weak point, she fakes a move in the left and he followed, in a second she maneuvered, then pushed her sword into his skull and effectively detaching it from it's body.

That was when she noticed something that freaked her out.

Over a thousand war ships were moving at a speed toward them from the Atlantic ocean to the coastlines were the battlefield was and from the colors in the ships, she was sure they were Arrysian.

As they neared the shore each ship disappeared into some invisible  portal. Distracted by the sight, she was startled when a trumpet sounded.

The ground shook  as violent tremblings start, cracks appear on the ground releasing black wraiths with ghostly red eyes,the wraiths on locking eyes with the death soldiers  all scatter  across the battlefield. Underneath the earth was another rumbling, it sounded like the wailings of  a great beast.

Cold black flames break out of the cracks that had opened on the earth's surface, it's flames spreading quickly and licking  off everything on its path.

It Spread toward the reapers and ravens, leaving behind a distinct smell of burning flesh and Death. Frost formed on the ground as the flames burned through the skins of the death soldiers  for it's flames were eternal,the flames of hell.

Hell has been brought to Earth and it only meant one thing.

An imbalance in the depths, a newer and stronger evil had risen.

Uriel flew out the battlefield as she headed to DC in search of Castiel. As the cracks were getting wider and travelling at the speed of sound. She knew she had less time. The wraiths were hot on her heels killing everything on their way. Her only saving grace was that the wraiths were unable to fly.

***

A dark storm was coming, the sky turned dark. Lightning decorated the sky, sometimes hitting at random spots, the wind howled pulling down trees and knocking down poles. Still it was in the twenty fourth December and it was going to rain. A strange phenomenon indeed one may have to think for it had snowed the previous night.

A deep rumble is heard from the ground, sounding like the earth was trying to vomit out something terrible. A thunderous noise is heard and then to the astonishment of the citizens of  Dawn city, huge craters form in the earth breaking open its surface and purging out wraiths into the atmosphere.

Screams and cries were heard everywhere as the people ran in different directions, each scrambling for the lives as the ground divided more.

Castiel furrowed her brow from the top of the Ravencorp skyscraper as she watched the chaos erupt.

"What the heck is this " she murmured, she watched as a figured approached from the skies toppling down at the rooftops and gasping out loud.

"Wraiths" Uriel yelled above the rumblings.

Caz froze then sprung into action, pulling out her duo swords  she looked her sister who was limping.

"My soldiers?" Caz asked despite already knowing the answer.

"All gone, they destroyed them all" Uriel whispered hoarsely.

Castiel nodded, the wraiths were something every angel avoided, a single touch would kill even Death herself, they were lethal, fast and soul destroyers. They were creatures that belonged in every horror story the angelic folk had read about. They only served one master, Darkness. A force nearly as strong as El himself. They were Darkness's soldiers, and they gave birth to the demonic race.  For eons the angelic race had been the stronger race but the wars that had taken place had made them weaker, leaving room for darkness to rise again, but not enough to grant him power to create wraiths. For them to rise  now meant there was imbalance in the outer realms, someone had tipped the  balance and if Castiel's suspensions were correct it was someone called Samael-Lucifer.

"Go into the building, it's a shield that I built for this day, I'll call back my remaining soldiers in hell to return"

"And what are you gonna do?" Uriel asked concerned.

"I'mma take care of this bad boys myself, now send out word to the president, tell her to stay safe and to  everyone to hide in any Ravencorp building" Castiel instructed then flies off.

***

Guys just more patience, I'm almost there...

And guys have anyone seen that series.... Warrior Nun? I have and believe me it's totally badass... I'm almost obsessed.. almost being the key word. I love Ava Silva but my favorite character is Shotgun Mary.

And guys don't forget to vote, comment and recommend to friends.

❤️ ❤️Mae