Chapter 51: World Wars Three II

The city was in utter ruins, most of the properties and homes destroyed by the warring wraiths giving Dawn city an apocalyptic look.
Thunder roared in the darkened skies like a ferocious beast fighting for his life against a predator or a competitor for a territory.

Castiel landed on the city's square, bearing with her, weapons she had never used before. They looked exactly like her old ones but they weren't. Rafael had given them to her on his first visit barely a month ago which seemed like a million years with the unending war she had been fighting.

Those weapons were a gift from Immanuel,Rafael had said. And since Immanuel was glorified by El to rule everything he had made, Caz took it that El had gifted her those weapons for Immanuel was El's Word, and he must have foreseen this recent development.

Accessing the once beautiful city with a critical eye, all she could see were torn houses, charred cars, dead humans, pets and animals and they all had a ghoulish look that showed their souls had been ripped off them and destroyed.

The city looked like it had been attacked by zombies.

The streets were deadly calm except for the occasional groans and growls from the wraiths and the cries of their victims and for once in her life Caz didn't go charging after danger for they could end her forever.

"I cast you into the fiery pits, you evil workers of the devil, go to hell where you belong in Jesus name" a feminine voice yelled with false bravado.

Caz chuckled out loud at the woman, a nun who held a large golden crucifix at wraiths and was shielding a group of children under her bosom, she looked the part of a mother hen protecting her chicks.

The only thing keeping the wraiths from killing the nun and the kids was the crucifix not her prayers, it was gold, and it was the only thing that stopped them and kills them when blessed by El or in her case Immanuel or Jesus as he's known by humans.

Her chuckle alerts the wraiths about her presence and Castiel spreads her wings, grinning as the nuns eyes widened as she took in her.

"Come on guys, I'm sure you don't want to waste your time fighting weak defenseless humans,so how about fighting an armed angel " Castiel smirked

"Kiilllll aaannn angeeel!" The wraiths all turned toward Castiel baring their fangs at her and moving towards her. Her eyes widened as she saw an army of wraiths coming toward her, it was as if every wraith in the below had awakened.

"Kiilllll Azrael! Kiilllll El's weaapooon!" They rushed toward her chanting.

"Go sister, go to the Ravencorp buildings, you'll be safe there" Castiel yelled to the nun then she pressed a button on her watch smirking at the wraiths as a golden supers suit covers her body. A golden helmet covers her face. She looked like a warrior angel, like Mikhael and she had made the suit herself.

The wraiths attacked almost immediately as the last part of her protective gear was in place, swinging her sword she cut through the first wraith.

***
Newly promoted Captain Jacob Yoram hid under a boulder firing shots at the Arrysians soldiers his cousin stood next to him was directly opposite him. The Arrysians had invaded Jerusalem the previous day after he had reported back to his commander exactly what Captain Eva slash angel Mikhael had told him to.

Firing shots after shot at the enemies he crossed to the other part of the battlefield watching as the soldiers under his command fired off artilleries on the enemies.
There was so many of them and they were outnumbered. He had only had a hundred men under his command against the four thousand the enemies had yet he felt he could take them on.