Chapter 40: Death Soldiers

"One, two, three, hit it Danny"
Sixty four year old Rockstar Nicky Givens yelled , giving his twin the okay sign.

The sounds of heavy metal sounded as the band played their instruments, while fans (mostly seventy to forty years olds) could be seen nodding their heads in an anticipation of their favorite rock songs.

  I can see the sadness in your eyes
  Hard knocks an' hurt are hard to hide
     It can be a long an' lonely ride
         But it makes ya strong inside

Nicky Givens throaty voice echoed around the auditorium, the fans shading tears as they remembered surrender had been the last song Cordy Winston had written before she had died while most jumped and danced to their favorite rock song by the most famous ( So they believed) rock band Misfits.

Rosa Giovanni watched from the sidelines not believing that the four brainless buffoons she lived with could give an excellent show after all the years spent on hiatus.

"I'll enjoy this while it lasts" she mumbled knowing it might as well be her last with the world coming to an end soon.

************************************

Metatron knew something was wrong the moment he walked out of the portal that led to Raven tech Inc.

Although pristine, the place was void of Death's presence. It had the distinct aura of life, nothing like the castle of the angel of Death (Only angels could tell Death's aura) and funny enough the entire city felt the same. It packed Death.

"She's gone, isn't she?" Zadkiel asked 

"That remains to be seen" Metatron placed his hand on the door then inhaled deeply, then let out a breathe of frustration.

"She's not" Metatron sighed "but I sense trouble, and I know where to find it"

***

Cariel  raised her scythe with all her strength and struck Castiel in the heart. She watched in awe (and happiness) as a ray of gold light escaped the opening in Castiel's chest as she pulled out her weapon.

I've done it, I've killed Death

"Castiel has fallen and so will everyone who sided with her" Cariel's voice boomed like that of a supervillain had had gotten rid of a superhero.

The multitudes of ravens and reapers, even the fallen angels all froze at the same time, gaping at Castiel's corpse.

The angels recovering fast from their shock attacked the reapers who were nothing but humans now, swinging their swords and axes toward them while the later retaliated by shooting at them.

There was a bloodbath as both sides lost soldiers. In a few minutes the battle tide changed as the former death soldiers vegan to lose their strengths as they weren't used to being human while the angelic side with their supernatural strengths hardly broke a sweat.

The numbers of the death soldiers reduced drastically, causing panic amongst them. The younger ravens who knew they had no way of winning with their master gone, started out for their lives but were equally knocked down. Among them was  Seventeen year old Caleb, who fell to his death with an arrow stuck In his heart.

Cariel laughed. She was now the new Death as she could feel the strength and power flowing in her limbs and it was intoxicating.

I felt like a  fucking god

Was that Castiel felt, like she could take on anyone in the world, like she was a god, like she was invisible? Cariel didn't care all that mattered was she was Death now and the world was under her feet, but first she had something to do.

She was gonna cut off Castiel's head and keep it as a price.

Swinging her scythe up with force, she lowered it toward Castiel's neck in order to server it, she found Castiel's corpse gone.

"Who took that deadbeat away, where is Castiel's corpse?" She roared while searching frantically for the reaper who must have taken it.

"Looking for someone" A voice whispered into Cariel's ears causing the angel to look  around for it's owner but saw no one.

"Show yourself you scoundrel" she yelled, swinging her scythe around as a she felt a sense of dread rise in her.

"Is that a way to talk to an old friend?"
The voice continued causing Cariel to jump in fright as she was yet to identify the owner of the voice.

"I'm not afraid of you, face me if you aren't a coward" Cariel taunted, standing boldly with a confidence, knowing if the owner of the voice wanted her dead she'd be dead already.

"You asked for it" the voice drawled out slowly causing Cariel to turn.

A pair of mismatched blue and golden eyes stared at her with mirth and undisguised hatred causing Cariel to gasp.

She was so screwed.

****

And that's a wrap folks, tell me what you think about this in the comment section below and do not forget to vote.