17. First Kiss?

"

"... Miss, now you've got it all over your face ..."

*・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・* 

"You like it?" Neji asked.

"Yesss!"

"I heard that you haven't been out of school much so I thought why not just take you here."

"Aw, thank you Neji. It's lovely." I said.

"Do you still have space in your tummy? Cause there's a lot of delicious street food out here."

"Hell yeah! But I didn't know that rich people like you were into street food." I said, nudging him lightly.

"Come on! We are humans too. Now let's go before we get late."

We walked inside the market. It was full of food, clothes and everyday items. It also had many cute little things which I wanted to buy...

"Wait a minute." I turned to Neji as I realized, "I didn't bring my wallet."

"Don't worry about it. Buy whatever you want. It's on me."

"No way! I'll pay you back once we get back."

"Then I'm never talking to you again."

"That would be so good."

"Yes... Wait, what?"

"Hahaha. I'm just kidding." I said, slapping his shoulder, "Of course, you're gonna buy it all for me. Think of it as your apology for being mean to me in the past."

"..."

"If you want to, that is."

"Tenten," Neji spoke in a serious tone, holding my shoulders all while in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the market. "I'm truly sorry about that day..."

"I don't know what I was thinking. I mean I know what I was thinking but what I did was so unnecessary. I let anger take the better of me and I wasn't even angry at you. I did not mean anything I said, I promise."

I just couldn't help but smile because how sincere and cute this boy was, "Alright, I'll forgive you this time. But if you do something like that again out of the blue-"

"Never." he ruffled my hair again.

"Stop! You keep ruining my buns." I smacked his hand away as we started walking. Deep down, I liked it.

We stopped at a few shops and I bought a Kunai shaped keychain for both me and Neji. Okay, technically, Neji bought it but yeah...

I also bought a red Chinese scarf 'cause why not. Neji's paying. But he did not buy anything for himself so I decided to get him something.

"Give me your wallet." I asked, putting my hand forward.

"You go ahead, I'll pay."

"No! Just give me your wallet. I am not going to steal your money, damnit."

"It has nothing to do w- Fine~" he sighed in defeat.

"Stay here."

"Hn."

I went a little deeper inside the market, looking around for an accessory store when I spotted one. I couldn't figure out what to buy while I walked around colorful ribbons and headbands but then I saw a cute hair clip with white flowers on it, kind of like a bridal clip. Of course it wasn't for men but I imagined how it would look so pretty in his hair so I bought it.

We were done with my little shopping and we tried a lot of street food too. I just loved this little adventure of ours so much.

"Should we go back, then?" Neji asked, finally done with everything.

"What? But what about the thing we really came for?"

"..."

"The Ice-Cream!"

Neji looked at me with wide eyes. "After dinner and after all this food you just ate?"

"Yeah, why? You always have space for dessert, ya know? I said, grinning.

"Kay then, let's make it quick. We still have half an hour left." he said, looking at his watch and we left the market and were once again under the dark night.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Tenten?" Neji called, from the stall.

"Yeah?"

"Which flavor?"

"Strawberry, please." I shouted from the bench, a little farther away from the Ice-cream stall we somehow found in a park nearby.

It wasn't that late for the people here. There were quite a few kids and parents in the park enjoying the weather.

"Here." Neji came with two ice cream cones.

"Thank you~" I took a bite, "Mmm."

"Did you just take a bite?" Neji asked, laughing.

"Yup. Why?" I replied.

"You're weird."

"You are more."

"Miss, now you've got it all over your face." Neji said pointing his finger at my cheek, shaking his head.

"Oh-" I was going to wipe the cream off when Neji suddenly leaned in and licked it off my cheek.

"...."

The hair of my flesh stood up at the touch of his tongue against my skin. I stopped breathing for a hot minute and when I focused my eyes on him, he was already looking at me with that face. That face people make before they...

He put down his cone and leaned in, holding my face in his hands as he locked his lips with mine.

Those lips. Those impossibly warm and soft lips of Neji Hyuga were against my own.

He was kissing me.

My Ice-cream dropped out of my hands. I leaned in, deepening the kiss, fingers carding through his hair as we breathed each other in.

He slowly eased out of the kiss, looking down at my lap. His head placed on mine while he was breathing heavily. His warm breath was tickling my face and I was feeling tingly down there. We pulled our head back slowly as Neji stared in my eyes for a while and smiled.

He did not speak. Neither did I. 'My first kiss' was all I kept thinking.

"Let's go. It's getting late."

"Y-yeah."