ch. 13: Flowers

Some days, Mina would wake up devoid of all energy, and some days she'd wake up wishing she hadn't. It seemed like the longer she spent in the unfamiliar world, the more her body actively rejected it, and having a creature of unknown origin whispering in her head did not seem to help in the slightest.

This day was a particularly bad day for her.

She managed to pull herself out of bed, awakening from a nightmare that felt like reality.

"Morning." She muttered to the cubs sleeping near the foot of the bed. Since there was nothing to be done that day, she spent a few minutes just staring at the wall, lost in empty thoughts.

At least, until the doorbell rang and a soft voice echoed through her house.

"Mina, it's Sakura. Oh, Ino is here too, are you up?"

Mina glanced up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath in before releasing a prolonged sigh. People she hardly remembered even existed were at her doorstep, maybe already in her house, right after she woke up from Silver's virulent mind games.

The girl calmly went to her door, opening it just enough for her two classmates to enter.

Sakura Haruno is a girl around the same age as her. She has cherry blossom pink hair, big bright eyes, and a surprisingly contagious smile.

Ino Yamanaka is, or was, Sakura's best friend. She has blonde hair that's usually tied back in a ponytail, and she's a tomboy with a friendly, outspoken, personality.

Both of them were a lot to handle individually, but together they were nothing short of exhausting, especially since all they appeared to do was argue all the time.

"Sorry we came to visit all of a sudden. Oh wow, your house is so... Uh... Dark." Ino looked around the room, and while she was correct, the room was dark, Sakura didn't think it was the right thing for her to say.

Sakura nudged her classmate, glaring at her. "Ino! That's so insensitive."

"What? All I said was the truth! Can't see anything in here... Where are the lights?" The blonde began searching around in the shady darkness and Mina just mumbled an apology while opening the curtains so they could see. "So much bett- oh wow..."

The blonde gasped in awe at the image ar the window. Rows and rows of the most beautiful flowers she had ever seen, and her family owns a flower shop. There were many plants, some she had never laid eyes on before, and some seemed as if they came out of a story book.

Sakura raised an eyebrow, peeking through the window to see what struck her companion into silence. "Woah- did not see that on the way here..."

Mina shuffled over to the side door, waving the girls over. "Want to... See the garden...?" She asked meekly, unsure of whether they were feining interest, or not.

"Yeah!" Ino quickly bolted through the door with the biggest smile on her face. She ran so fast, Mina didn't have time to tell her about the animals resting in the area, or that some of the plants were poisonous.

Sakura rolled her eyes, walking up to the girl. "I'm sorry about her, uh, are you gonna walk outside like that?"

"Like what." She looked down at herself.

"Shoes.... You're not wearing shoes. Hold on, where do you keep them?" Sakura started looking around for any kind of footwear.

"Do I need those?"

Sakura nodded, grabbing a pair of shoes out of a closet. "Of course, you could cut your foot on something, or catch a cold! Here, put these on." She set them by the girl's feet. She was going to watch her put them on, but something kind of strange happened.