ch. 31: Konoha Crush pt. 1

In the hidden Leaf, there was an uproar from civilians and ninja alike as the final round of the Chunin exams was set to begin, there was only one problem.

The bracket had changed due to the disappearance of Dosu, the sound ninja that was meant to fight Minaki. Some were slightly concerned, and some couldn't have possibly cared any less.

There were two participants missing from the line up still. Both Sasuke and Mina were late, and people were getting anxious, especially Naruto.

He was used to Mina's tardiness, but the last time he saw her she looked out of it. He wanted to go talk to her, but she was with Shino already.

Shino and Mina both had a great love of insects. They got along so well, it was almost like they could read each other's minds, but being in a room with both of them was so stressful. They had a way of communicating that Naruto just didn't get. Minaki had a different way of communicating with each of her friends, like her whole personality begins to mirror the people she talks to.

As concerned as he was, Naruto knew his friend would show up eventually. Hopefully in time to figure out what was going to happen with her match. Maybe the two of them would end up fighting. That would be interesting.

The first match up was going to be Neji versus Naruto. The two of them hoped that Mina would show up in time to watch, but she'd find out the results one way or another.

"Hey, Sakura, do you know where Mina is?" Ino asked her pink haired friend , who just shook her head in response.

"No. And I haven't seen Sasuke either. I hope he's not too late, it would be a shame if he missed his match." Sakura pouted.

Ino furrowed her brow. "Sakura, are you not worried about Mina like... At all?"

Sakura tilted her head to the side. "Of course I'm worried, but it's Mina. She can take care of herself. It's not a big deal."

Ino appeared supried for a moment, shaking her head in disbelief. She didn't know why it supried her, Sakura had been brushing Mina off for a while now. "I'm... Gonna go check with Lee, I'll be back."

Sakura nodded, waving as her attention turned back to the match. Ino did just as she said she would, she found Lee in his seat, especially prepared for him by Mina because she knew he'd want to watch the battles today. Gai was there too, but who cares about him.

"Lee! Have you seen Mina?"

The boy tilted his head, thinking about the question for moment as he tried to recall the last time he'd seen his friend. "Hm... Not since yesterday I think. She's not here?"

Ino shook her head, lightly scratching her cheek. "No, and I'm worried about that. We were supposed to meet up in your room yesterday, but she wasn't there. Oh, Shikamaru was, I'll try asking him."

Lee gave her a thumbs up. "Good idea! We don't want to take any chances that she'll end up missing her match!"

"Exactly!" Ino giggled, waving goodbye as she set off to find Shikamaru. The contestants for finals were all waiting in a separate area of the stadium. She was able to get in, only because no one was really paying attention to the group waiting for their matches.

"Hey, Shikamaru!" She said cheerfully, catching her teammate's attention, as well as the attention of the other genin waiting their turn.

Shikamaru walked up to her, his hands stuffed in his pockets. "Hey, Ino. I'm glad you're here, have you seen Li- I mean, Mina any where? She bolted yesterday, I'm kinda worried about her."

"I literally came to ask you the same thing..." Ino sighed yet again, starting to become more worried as the passed. Of all the days Mina could be late, it had to be this one. "Oh well... If she shows up, that's great, and if she doesn't, well..."