Broken Laws

"Y-you don't w-want me?"

"No." He seemed unsure about his answer. Like it was forced. Suddenly anger boiled up inside of me. He was leaving me. Like I was nothing. He had played me.

No. I wouldn't let this happen to me again. My parents were dead. Sirius was in Azkaban. Wormtail double-crossed us. I never saw Lupin. Lastly, Harry was with the demon family.

I was lunging at him without a conscious thought. I was abruptly held back by a binding spell. Why?

My eyes never left him. His were filled with shock and worry and...fear?

That's when I noticed that my hands were glowing purple ready to shoot a curse at him. I looked back with the same fear in my eyes.

EPOV

She lunged at me but was instantly caught by black snake-like wires that seemed to hold her in place. She struggled against them with pure furry showing in her expression. My instincts told me to be afraid but I didn't know why. How could Bella physically hurt me?

That's when I saw it. Her hands were glowing a bright purple. She noticed this the same time that I did and looked back at me in fear.

Someone came out of the line of trees holding a slim, slender piece of wood which to my horror, was pointed at Bella.

"Don't do this Bells. You'll hurt yourself." He said calmly but with a hint of fear underlying his tone.

Bella struggled again. "Let me go, Sirius."

"Do you promise to be calm?"

"Sure." She sneered.

"Okay." He lowered the peice of wood and the wires instantly fell she fell with them.

"Bella!" I started running towards her.

"Wait." Sirius yelled. I halted. "She isn't under control."

"What?"

"Never mind that. You have some questions to answer. Why were you hurting my baby girl?"

What?