Sighted

I threw the Daily Profit down on the table and shot up. "You were sighted, Sirius! Really? How stupid can you be?" It had been a few days since Edward and I's visit to Hogwarts and we had just gotten home. I had decided to catch up on my current events. 

"I didn't know anyone was watching!"

"Well obviously someone was!"

We were in each other's faces. Both furious. Me, at his sheer stupidity. Him, at the fact that I was being utterly disrespectful. I didn't care at this point. I had lost him before, I wasn't prepared to lose him again. He had to be more careful. When I voiced this, however, he seemed to calm down exponentially. His face turned sorrowful and he immediately pulled me in for a hug.

"I know, Bells, I know."

We stayed like that until I felt Precious rubbing her face against my leg, wanting some attention of her own. I picked her up, placed her in my arms and gently rubbed her head, walking to the pantry. 

I held her up to my face so that our noses were touching.  "You hungry precious one? Huh? You hungry baby? Let's get you some food." She purred as I set her on the counter and crabbed a can of food. She rubbed against my arm as I opened the can. I plopped the contents onto her plate and placed it at the foot of the table. I plucked her from the counter and set her down at her plate. She ate contentedly as I filled a saucer with milk. I smiled at her as I dropped the saucer next to her plate. She was so cute.

I felt Edward's hand on my back as I straightened  up and I turned to hide my face in his chest.

"An owl just arrived for you, Love." I smiled. He was getting used to this. He fit into my world easier.

"Hm. I'll be right back then. In the mean time. Can you watch after Precious for me?"

"She's a cat. How hard can it be?"

"You'll find out when she decides that she wants to play." I threw over my shoulder as I sauntered upstairs. 

"Why hello there!" I said as I walked into my room. It was a screech owl from Hogwarts. I let the owl at Majesty's water bowl, as she was hunting and he seemed to need rest. I unrolled the parchment and skimmed through the letter. It was Remus. He was begging me to stay safe, and to keep Sirius in line. As if that were possible. I smiled and headed back downstairs.

"It was just Remus. Nothing to worry about."

The rest of the day went smoothly. Was really starting to like my life. I had two of the most important people in my life with me. Now there was only one more left. And I would get him back soon. I was sure of it.