House Elfs

Previously

"Good because I best be getting to sleep." I said standing up and turning to my godfather. "Can we go to Grimmauld Place?"

His eyes widened. "I thought you would hate that place."

I shook my head. "It's home."

He nodded. "What about Charlie?"

"I've got it!" A grin ripped through my face. I can finally be myself.

I pulled out my wand so that Edward could see how it works and muttered the incantation that would make the small piece of parchment and quill appear. I heard Edward gasp from behind me. Yeah babe it takes a while to get used to it.

I started to recite my message knowing that the quill would follow my words. "Dear Charlie, I am going to London. As you know my former family is there and it would be nice to see them again. Seeing as I am now of age I expect there to be no trouble. I am not sure exactly how long I will be there so goodbye for now. I would appreciate it if you would tell Rene that I said goodbye. Yours, Bella. P.S. Thank you for everything."

When I was done I grabbed the parchment out of the air making the quill disappear in the process. I folded it and called for Joy. Joy is a house elf. I had gained her trust in the same way Harry had gained Dobby's trust the year prior.

Joy popped up in no time and I could have sworn that I saw Edward jump. I wanted to laugh but then felt a pang of guilt as I remembered that this was all very new to him.

"Yes Miss Potter?" I smiled. It had been so long since I had heard my real name. I wanted to cry.

I handed the letter to her with a sad smile. "Could you bring this to Charlie please? Oh and if it's not to much to ask, could you get majesty from Hagrid and deliver her to Grimmauld Place?"

She smiled brightly. "Of course Miss Potter." And she was off.

"What was that?" This time a giggle did escape my lips.

"A house elf. They are very kind. Well all except Kreature." Sirius laughed. "They are used almost like slaves but if you give them clothing then they are free. People mistreat them if you ask me."

"Is she your house elf?"

I was shocked. Appalled even. "No! I would never own a house elf. I earned Joy's trust like you would any other person." I was calm by the last sentence. I could never stay mad at Edward long.

Well now that Charlie is taken care of. What should Bella show him about her world next?