Edward's Questionnaire

"You see." Sirius began.

"What Sirius? Spit it out." I demanded.

"I kind of broke out of Azkaban."

"What do you mean kind of?"

"Well, dementors can't see animals right?"

"Oh...I see. So you just shifted and snuk past them?"

"Precisely."

"Well technically dementors can't see."

"Okay Bells. No need to get technical."

Edward cut in. "What is a dementor?"

"Sorry. A dementor is a very foul creature. You see it feeds off of the soul of humans because it has none. Much like a vampire feeding off of the blood of others because it has none itself. Sorry for the analogy it was all I could think of. It's called the dementor's kiss. Truly the most disturbing sight to witness. The dementors guard Azkaban. It's the Ministry's way of keeping them under control because it is damn near impossible to kill them. It would be a suicide mission for them to send out the aurors to kill them. Aurors are highly trained individuals that specialize in the capture or killing of dangerous creatures or villains in the wizarding world."

"What is the Ministry?"

"Hmm. What's the best way to put it? The Ministry Of Magic is basically our Volturi."

"Oh."

"Any other questions?"

"What is the difference between a witch/wizard and a sorceress/sorcerer?"

"You see a sorceress or sorcerer doesn't need a wand as opposed to a witch or wizard whom without a wand would be rendered completely useless."

"But do you still have a wand?"

"Of course. I had to start with something." I stated with a kind and loving smile which he returned.

"What motivated you to become the best sorceress in the world?"

"Jeez now you sound like Rita Skeeter." Sirius laughed at that one.

"Who?"

"Don't worry. You'll meet her soon enough. Anyway, I wanted revenge on Voldemort for tearing my family apart. Even though most presume him dead. You see he used the killing curse on Harry. My mother jumped in front of the shot and the act of love caused the curse to rebound. I'm on Dumbledore's side with this one. I believe that Voldemort is still out there somewhere. He's just bidding his time. And I will end him or at least help with the process."

"It sounds dangerous."

"Of course it is. I don't care either way. I will take part in Voldemort's death."

"Can I see it?"

"See what?"

"Your wand?"

"Oh of course." I pulled the slender fifteen inch piece of painted red and black wood out of my pocket. Got to love extension charms.

Edward gaped at it. I laughed.

"What?" I questioned.

He composed himself quickly. "Nothing."

"Okay. Any more questions?"

"Yes. Why can't I read his mind?"

"I turned to Sirius. "Sirius!" I scolded then turned to Edward.

"He's using occlumency."

"What's that?"

"It basically renders your power useless. You see I told him that you could read minds in one of my letters. It looks like he came prepared."

"Is that what you do?"

"No. In order to use occlumency you have to be constantly putting a sheild on your mind. I have no conscious thought towards the fact."

"Oh."

"Is that all of your questions?"

"For now."

"Good because I best be going to sleep."