Prologue

Narrator's POV.

 « Mates »
Two souls destined to be together, made by the moon goddess herself to fit perfectly together like puzzle pieces. Every werewolf, children of the Moon goddess Selene, is able to find and identify their mate as soon as they reach the age of eighteen through certain signs made by the mate bond. The attraction to their scent. The Sparks that fly on your skin. The way when your eyes lock, there's nothing else in the world but the both of you. The mate bond cannot be fought, it will bring you together, no matter what you do. It can only be broken by death or... Or rejection.

     « Rejection »       
An anomaly.
A crime.
A taboo.
A sin.
Rejection is the intentional breakage of the mate bond. It causes great amounts of pain to both parties, but mostly to the one being rejected. It is made that way because most people can't stand to see their other half in pain. Rejection is considered the highest act of blasphemy towards the goddess, and always condemns the soul of the rejector to suffer eternally in hell. Even though Selene is a very kind hearted and benevolent goddess, she does not take matters like rejection lightly, which is why most people don't practice rejection.

   But there are always those few who still choose to commit this and many more heinous acts to their mates, one of them being Alpha Max, and his actions brought dire consequences upon him and those who encouraged it.