Chapter four

A/N: there will be mention sexual assault in this chapter.
I will indicate the where it will start and stop if you want to skip by using this ))))))))))))))))

Please, if reading about sexual violence causes triggers for you then please don't read the part that will have the indication.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Victoria's POV

I am so bored.

We have been driving for hours and my phone battery died about two hours ago. I'm in a black car with a very interesting driver, note the sarcasm. I've tried to get him to talk to me but he won't budge. The only thing that I've been able to get out of him was his name, which is Shawn.

They leave me no choice. I have only one option left...

Sleep.

And what a wonderful nap I had, at least until someone shook me awake. Damn, if it weren't for the driver's fast reflexes, I'm pretty sure I would have bitten his hand clean off.

What? I'm cranky when I wake up. Sue me.

I'm out of the car now about to get my luggage when I spot Max getting out of the car that he was in. He glanced in my direction and walked away.

Seriously, that's it? He didn't even make a move towards me. No smile, no hugs, no nothing. He's acting really strange. Well, it's not like I knew him before now, so I don't really know how he acts on a normal day. But still, this is strange.

The stories well were told about mates whole growing up is completely different from what I'm experiencing. Maybe he's just tired after the long journey here, or is just cranky about something. He'll come around eventually, I'm sure

Shawn had a look of concentration on his face, indicating that he's being mind linked.

When he snapped out of it he turned to me. "The Alpha has ordered me to take you to where you will be staying in. Follow me." He said in a very monotoned voice and started walking ahead of me in the direction of where I assumed that the pack house is.

I mean, where else would I be staying apart from the pack house.

The answer? In a cabin in the middle of the forest.

"Hey Shawn, I thought you were taking me to the pack house. Why are we here?"

"Alpha Max said to bring you to his cabin. I will show you to your room."

Well, this place isn't that bad. It doesn't have the nice homey feel to it that most good looking cabins have, something about it gives me the chills. It's a small cabin, but not too small. It looks to be about two stories.

We entered the building and I have to say, the interior is really nice. There was a brick fireplace to the left and there was already a lit fire in it. The furniture looks nice enough, but also looked to be about a few years old.

But apart from necessary furniture, the whole place looks bare. Not a single picture on the wall or personal touches in the plain brown design of the cabin. I looked at the carpet... Wait! Is that... A wolf pelt? The carpet is the skinned fur of a wolf.

And from the size, it looks like a werewolf's skin!

My senses are now on high alert. Why does he have the skin of his own kind as his furniture? Red flag, very red flag!

I feel like I just landed myself in some deep shit.

I followed Shawn up the stairs as he walked up to a door at the end of the hall. He took out a bunch of keys from his pocket and used one to open the door. I cringed as the door made a slight creaking noise as he pushed it open.