Chapter Twelve

Maria's POV

Last night was amazing.

After Maxi and I got back to the Pack House, he immediately led me up through the quiet building– since everyone else is asleep or pretending to be asleep– up to the fifth floor that he has all to himself and he fucked me throughout the rest of the night. I remember what he told me as we entered his room;

"The death of my mate caused my body pain. How about you help me soothe it my dear Maria?"

It was the best sex I ever had.

I woke to a bright light shining in my eyes. Curse you Aurora and Helios for the sun shining so brightly in my eyes so early in the morning!

I turned over on the bed to see Maxi still snoring. I touched the Mark that he gave me on my neck two days ago, the one that gave me the power of a Luna that I always deserved.

' We don't need power Maria!' My annoying wolf, Muffy said.

' Of course we need power. It gives us authority over normal pack peasants, it is something that a person of my class deserves. Plus, this powerful guy has a big d*ck that brings so much satisfaction. It's a big bonus.'

' If you want satisfaction we can always get that from our mate but no, you had to go reject our mate and spread your legs for this dickhead all because of useless power! Isn't the power we already had before enough for you? Is power and pleasure the only thing you think about?' She sounds so frustrated, but I just don't care about her stupid morals.

' No it will never be enough, Muffy. Can't you see that? We were born for greatness, destined to be at the top. If you don't understand and if you're not with me, then don't disturb me.' I told her before blocking her out. One day she will understand what I did and she will thank me. The mate that the fucking Moon Goddess made for me was a filthy rogue with the aura of an ordinary warrior wolf, utterly pathetic and useless. I think James was his name.I met him nine months ago when I was on a run and went too close to the boarders.

≈ Flashback ≈

She snapped awake to the darkness of her room. She turned to the alarm clock on top of her drawers, the bright red numbers showing that the time was half past ten at night.

She slowly rose to a sitting position on my bed rubbing her palm on her forehead since Muffy's uneasiness in her mind was giving her a major headache.

What the hell is wrong with you Muffy? Your pacing is giving me a major headache and woke me up.” Maria asked her restless wolf.

I don't know, I just feel like something's going to happen. Something good.” she sighed at her wolf's response.

“Maybe you just need to go on a run, it has been a while since you've been out.” she suggested.

In a little while she was out of the pack house and heading to the woods. As soon as she entered the tree line she let Muffy take over and transformed, her PJs dissapering into her fur. Her wolf dashed into the forest enjoying the freedom when all of a sudden a sweet smell of cinnamon rolls reached her nostrils causing her wolf to change directions to head towards the smell. They stopped just a few inches from crossing the boarders.

Maria was confused as to why such a wonderful smell be coming from the boarders.

Just then she saw some movement from a bush in front of her causing her head to snap in that direction. She was thinking of running back to the pack house when a beautiful blonde man came out. Her brown eyes locked with his blue ones and she immediately felt lost in those sapphire orbs. It felt like the world around them disappeared and her wolf kept chanting one word over and over.

Mate!

She heard him growl out the same word as they slowly approached each other and then they both stopped at a point which is the boarder line of the pack. She transformed into her human form and her clothes reappeared on her body.

“What is your name my love?” she shivered at the tone of his voice.

“Maria. What's yours?”

“My name is James, my lovely Maria.” She hid her visible blush behind her black hair. Then she was hit with a sudden realisation.

“Wait a second, you're a rogue?” she asked him.

“Yes, I am. But-” she scrunched her nose in disgust as she took a step back, a look of hurt appeared on James's face. She then felt his aura to discover that he has the aura of a mere warrior wolf.

To say that Maria is a bitch would be an understatement. She is the daughter of Beta of their pack so she was always pampered and cared for. As she grew older she started to downgrade every person that was below her in rank and treated them like him on her shoe. She always thought that she deserves nothing less than an Alpha as her mate since she was of such high class.

And her looking at the filthy warrior rogue in front of her, she was disgusted with the Moon Goddess for picking such trash for her. Muffy already knew what she was about to do and tried to stop her human but Maria just simply blocked their connection.

“I can't believe this. I can't believe that the Moon Goddess would pair me with a worthless warrior. A rogue at that. Such trash” If James's face looked hurt before then now it looked like he was stabbed in the heart. He couldn't believe that his mate was saying this to him. Without any warning, Maria uttered the words that made him run away from her into the forest.

“I, Maria Knox of the Blue Moon Pack, reject you James as my mate. I never want to see your worthless self again. Get out of my sight.”

And the oddest thing was that when Maria got back to her room in the pack house, she didn't feel a single ounce of regret.

≈ Flashback≈
≈     Over      ≈

Ever since that day, Muffy and I haven't seen eye to eye, but I know I made the right decision. I have Beta blood for goodness sake, I deserve nothing less than an Alpha mate and the power of a Luna...

And now I am satisfied because I have that power. For now

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

A/N: I just wanted to give you a little filler on Maria's life.

I'm thinking of writing another book after this one. It will be another werewolf book of course, since I love werewolf stories. I'm still debating whether I should make it a human x werewolf story or another Alpha story, but I will think about that after I'm done with this book.

So, did you like this chapter?
What do you think will happen next?
Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.
Bye 😘