Chapter Eight

Victoria's POV

I cried my heart out. I can't believe she's gone. He actually killed her. They killed her. Those monsters!

I let out another sob as I thought about her and the things we'll never do together again.

I'll won't be able to hear her annoying voice and crazy ideas I my head anymore.

We'll never be able to pull pranks on Nicole and the twins again.

And I wont be able to run through the forest I my wolf form anymore. To feel the wind through our fur and stick our tongue out. Feeling the earth beneath our paws, to smell the refreshing scent of the forest. I'm now completely human. Completely alone.

Oh, what I would do to hear her nagging at me again about how our mate is total trash.

I felt empty, like a part of my soul has just died - which it has. A werewolf has two parts of their soul; the human part and the wolf part.

These two parts can never be separated by anything, except by the death of the wolf which can only happen in a circumstance such as mine where the other soul bound to you marks another as theirs. That's the only way that the human and wolf side can be torn apart. At least I'll be joining her soon because when one half dies, the other follows soon after.

And that bastard, that mother fucking, son of a bitch knew that my wolf would die by marking that Maria. What did I ever do to him to get this kind of treatment from him? I honestly would have preferred if he had just rejected me and left me on my own in my pack. In fact, I wish he was never born. I should have run when I saw the red flags, when I still had the chance to.

And speak of the devils and they shall appear. Those two bastards - you know what, they don't even deserve to be called bastards - those two fuck trophies, had the nerve to come down here and show their fuck ass faces to me. I swear to the Moon Goddess Selene that if it weren't for the fact that I'm bounded by silver chains and in so much fucking pain from Verna's death, I would have skinned them alive and poured a bag of salt on their wounded bodies, then pour fuel mixed with wolfsbane on them and set them on fire. And then, I will watch them burn.

Oh no, after what Max has done to me and staying in his vicinity for so long is making me go crazy. I can feel my mind slowly deteriorating. Am I going crazy?

I think I am. I'm even talking to myself now. I giggled to myself. Oh Max, What are you doing to me?

Oh would you look at that. I guess the saying,'' speak of the devil and he shall appear'' is very true because I saw him at the cell gate in my peripheral vision right at the time I thought of him. That would have been romantic in another world, but in this one, it just means more pain.

He unlocked the cell door and like the "gentleman" he is, he moved aside and let Maria walk into my cell, while shamelessly starring at her barely covered ass, before he entered.

I didn't want to look at them so I dropped my head back on my knees and curled back up into a ball in the corner I was sitting in, sinking in my misery.

"Aww, is the little red headed bitch afraid?" Argh, her voice is making my head hurt even more than it already is. She huffed. "You you're right be afraid of your Alpha and Luna. A low life like you doesn't even deserve to be in our presence." My chest constricted and I felt another wave of tears wet my eyes. They're just adding insult to injury.

"You won't be her Luna for long." Max started, "because she won't be in this pack in the next few hours."

I huffed, what the hell does he want to do to me now, make me go rogue? It can't be worse than killing my wolf.