Chapter one

Victoria's POV.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. The day where everything ended for me. The beginning of my end.

I wish, oh how I wish I had just stayed at home that day. I wish I had never met him. I might have been sad for the rest of my life, but at least I wouldn't have gone through what I did. At least, I have still been able to move on, get a better life, achieved my dreams and eventually gain my own happiness.

But now I can't. And it's all because of him

It all started the day that I met him. The day that I met Alpha Maximus Dela Vega

*A few months ago*

"Today's the day!" I say excitedly as I walk to school with my best friend, Nicky.

"Seriously Tori? You've been saying that everyday for the past three months since your eighteenth birthday, what makes you think that you'll find him today?" She says in a tired tone.

"I just have a feeling that it's going to happen today. Verna has been jumpy all day." I replied happily.

I never knew my parents. My mom died during my birth and my dad couldn't live without her. Nicky's parents took me in and raised me as their own since they were really close to my parents. Nicky and I were born a few days apart so we both turned eighteen about three months ago, and it being that long and we haven't sensed our mates means that they aren't in this pack, so I kind understand that she has given up hope.

"It's been three months Tori, they're obviously not in this pack, and you know that we might not have the opportunity to visit other packs. It's possible that we may never find them." She says confirming my suspicion.

"C'mon Nicky, stop being so pessimistic, we'll find them one day. Who knows, maybe some of the warriors that Alpha Max is gonna bring with him will be our mates, don't give up alright. And no matter what happens, we'll always stick together, okay?"

"Okay" she replies softly, "team Nickoria?"

"Yeah baby! Team Nickoria for life bitches!" I scream pumping my fist in the air making Nicky laugh at me.

"Come on, let's get to class." She says as we enter the school building.

🔸🔸🔸

After school, Nicky and I met up with our friends John and Joshua to go to the Pack house.

The Alpha of our pack, Alpha Phoenix, called everyone to the Pack house so that we can formally welcome the visiting Alpha and the warriors guarding him as a pack. Our pack is fairly small with about 400 people at most, and a smaller pack means less warriors, making it easier to be attacked and for our boarders to be breached. To prevent this, our pack is macking alliances with other packs in case we ever need more warriors, we can always get help from our allies.

Just then, I had the most wonderful idea and decided to voice it out. "Hey guys, how about we all race to the Pack house in wolf form? It'll be fun."

"Are you sure about that because I don't want you guys to start crying when I beat your asses!" Said Joshua the proud asshole in our group.

"Ha! You wish you could beat me. I'll leave you all in the dust brother!" Replied his brother, John.

"Oh really bro?"

"Yeah"

"You think you can beat me in a race, impossible!"

"Wanna bet your-" I swear, it's like these two like to squabble about the tiniest things.

"Ok, break it up you two. How about we all make a bet. The loser has tooo...." Nicky trailed off.

"To buy the rest of us pizza?" I suggested