Chapter two

Alpha Max's POV

I decided to expand my connections in the werewolf world. I need alliances to keep my pack strong and to facilitate the rate of business growth, which is why I'm here today.

Although this pack is rather far from mine, I need as much back up as I can get if I want to succeed in overthrowing my enemies, and awho know, maybe one day I can overthrow the king of wolves.

I want the best and only the best. Nothing less, but much more. Any weakness can bring down my ever growing Empire. I may be in the top five in the United States now, but I will become number one in the world.

Even above the king.

My driver parked the car in front of the pack house and I caught a whiff of a nice pineapple scent that made my wolf, Marvin, to go nuts. As much as I hate to admit it, it smells divine. I immediately knew that it was my mate and tried to avoid them to the best of my ability.

After the agreement was signed and my warriors and I were led into the meeting hall to introduce me to Alpha Phoenix's pack members, I felt Marvin stir within me and tried to push me towards the ever growing scent of my mate, but I chained that little mutt back to the depths of my mind where he belongs. I don't need him meddling in my affairs.

I never wanted a mate growing up, the stories I heard never really appealed to me. I made a vow to myself that I would reject my mate the moment I see her. The only thing that could make me accept her is if she has the blood of a highly ranked wolf so that she can breed the next Alpha of my pack, and I would dispose of her her as soon as she gave birth to raise him in my image.

And when I see a puny red headed girl who doesn't have the aura of a ranked wolf, I am utterly disappointed and disgraced once I realise that she is my mate. To say I was enraged would be an understatement.

Why is the goddess so cruel to me? Even if I didn't want a mate, how could she pair me; a strong Alpha, the leader of one of the top five most formidable packs in the United States, to a tiny, useless warrior female? Couldn't that bitch do any better.

I'm supposed to have a strong female, who is of Alpha, Beta or at least Gamma blood. Instead, I got this... This little thing that doesn't look like it could hold her own in a fight with a couple of rogues.

My face hardened as I took in the disapoinment in front of me.

If it were up to me, I would have rejected her right there on the stage before she has enough courage to walk up to me.

But I can't do that, not now at least.

If I reject my Luna right in front of her pack, it might bring problems for me. Wolves don't like the concept of rejection. They say that it brings 'consequences' upon the soul of the rejector and a bunch of other bullshit theories.

Also, if people find out that I rejected my mate, they may refuse to make alliances with my pack. No matter how strong a pack is, it will always need allies to help them. And I can't risk doing that if I want to over throw my enemies and for Blue Moon to become the strongest pack in the world.

So I'll just have to play along with this whole mate thing, at least until I can get her out of this pack and onto my territory. Then, I will have free reign to do whatever I please with her.

On the plus side, I've heard that the late night escapades with your mate is a pretty decent experience. Maybe I can just keep her for that, as a little fuck toy, or just a plain slave. I can use her until I get bored or if she is no longer of any use to me.

And maybe I can have a little fun with her after that, she would be the perfect little test subject for the torture mechanisms I have for the few fools that dare to cross me, since I can't use any of my own pack members to test it, unfortunately.

My lips curl up into a smirk as those thoughts run through my head.

I saw another blonde girl with my mate who seemed to encourage her to approach me because after the blonde spoke, she began to walk up to me. Big mistake.

I could see that the Alpha of this pack had stopped his speech to his pack and watched the red head walk up to me. The rest of the pack also watched the girl, and that seemed to make her nervous. Alpha Phoenix's lips curled up into a smile as the older man seemed to realise that she is my mate.

I decide to make it look like I actually want her and walk off the stage and meet her half way. To make it more believable, I even put up my hand to caress her cheek and put on a fake loving smile. She stared up at me completely dazed, already looking like a love sick puppy.

This is what makes the mate bond so disgusting. Making you blindly put your trust in someone you barely know makes you weak and very easy to take out. The mate bond should be a curse and not celebrated as a blessing from the goddess.

"Um.... Hi m-mate " she stuttered. Huh, she is as pathetic as I thought. "Uh... My name is V-victoria and, um, what... what's your name?"

The dumb bitch obviously wasn't listening to her Alpha when he announced that I was to be here, but I'll just answer her anyways. How could she not know the name of I, Alpha Maximus Dela Vega?

"Max." I told her emotionlessly and she furrowed her eyebrows at my tone.

"I can see that our visiting Alpha has found his mate in our pack!" Alpha Phoenix announced from the stage. "Well, you're all dismissed, you can all go home and continue whatever it is you were doing before now. I've got some transfer papers to sign." The older man chuckled.

Thank the goddess because I'll soon be out of here with my little slave. She has no idea what she's getting herself into. I doubt that she'll last long

∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you have a little filler on Alpha Max's thoughts.
I totally hated writing about him.
So, what do you guys think of him.
Does anyone hate him yet 'cuz I do.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share!😁😘