21: The Resistance (Part 1)

*Kota up top↑↑*

Shawn's POV

"Battle? What the heck are you talking about lady? You're just spewing nonsense."

"I'm talking about the intra pack war that has been brewing in The Blue Moon ever since Max took position as Alpha." She said staring at my brown eyes with her hazel ones.

I noticed Lucy tending to Jimmy's wounds from the corner of my eyes. I will have to thank her later. I can't treat him right now as I am focusing soley on the threat in front of me. Though, she doesn't look like much of a threat at this moment with her tired bloodshot eyes and slightly slouched posture, but you can never be too careful.

"Intra pack war?" What?

"Yes" she looked away.

I can feel Slade pushing against my mental barrier trying to get out. He wants to rip her to shreds for hurting his pup, and I have half the mind to let him.

“Down boy!”

“I am not a dog, Shawn” he growled.

“Well... technically, you are.” I said matter of factly.

“That, is just insulting.” he gasped

“But on a serious note Shawn, think of the risk here. She could just be making stuff up to buy herself time to recover from the spell so that she can attack us.”

“I know” I internally sighed, “but my gut is telling me that we should listen to this. She may be telling the truth-”

“Or she could be lying.” He cut me off, “Your gut may be wrong this time, dude. Why do you even want to listen to her, she tried to kill our only child literally only five seconds ago. I say that we just finish her and hide the body. I know a guy that can get us mint condition shovels.

I'm not even gonna ask.

“Let's just listen to what she has to say ok? I have a strong feeling that she may be telling the truth.”

Ever since I was a kid, I've always had a strong gut feeling. It's like... It's hard to describe. Let's just say that I always have some kind of nagging feeling in me when something's about to happen. Sometimes, it feels like something in me is telling me to do something and that's what's happening now. And it is almost never wrong.

“Keyword: Almost”

“Lets just listen to what she has to say.”

“Fine! But if it ends up being a lie,  I'm going to kill you.”

“Well if it is a lie, she's going to kill me before you can.”

“Don't be a smartass.” and with that he blocked me out.

"You have 5 minutes to explain what you mean." She looked back up at me surprised, probably not expecting me to agree. She stood there, shocked, for some seconds.

"4 minutes and forty three seconds." That seemed to knock her out of her shock... Oh my God! It rhymed!

Focus Shawn!

"What I mean is that there are people who are against Max's reign, basically, they are rebels.

"Rebels?" I ask confused.

"Yes, rebels."

"But how did that come about?"

"You know, I could probably get to explaining that if you could just shut up and stop interrupting me every five seconds." She snapped.