Chapter Nineteen

Shawn's Pov

"What did you say?" I asked her calmly, but we all know that this was just the calm before the storm.

"Alpha Max. He was the one that ordered me to kidnap the children. I don't know what he wants to do with the potion when he hasn't even met his mate yet."

Oh but he has, I wanted to say but decided to keep it to myself.

I still have a lot of questions, but I'll keep them for later. Right now I have more important things to do.

"I will question you later, but right now I need you to take me directly to the witch's hut."

"Of course." She replied. I retracted my claw's from her skin and got off of her reddish coloured wolf.

She slowly got up, her body still slightly trembling from the fear she experienced a few seconds ago. She began to walk ahead of me toward the North western boarders. I followed behind her. We picked up our speed as we processed the urgency of the situation.

As I ran behind her, many thoughts ran through my head about the situation at hand. I knew that Max wasn't a good person before, but I didn't expect him to be so heartless enough to take the lives of innocent children to remove the ache caused by Victoria's death, when he was the one that killed her in the first place.

In my opinion, he deserves the pain.

Just then, a thought passed through my head, arousing suspicion within me.

"Lucy?"

"Yes?"

"I thought you said that Alpha Max used his Alpha command to stop you from telling anyone what he did?"

She glanced at my from the side of her eye and replied, "Yes, he did. Why do you ask?"

"If he used the Alpha command on you, then how the hell was I still able to get you to confess with my Gamma command?"

She slowed down her speed significantly, obviously in shock with the question. I also slowed down and ran beside her, while looking at her wolf face. Heavy confusion was obvious to spot in her eyes.

It took a little while but eventually replied, "Honestly Shawn, I have no idea. But you have to believe me when I say that I did it against my will"

"But if you did it against your will then why did the witch give you money?" I decided to confirm my other suspicions as I remember Victoria telling me that she saw the witch giving Lucy money in exchange for the children.

"Alpha Max may be a psycho, but he is extremely smart. He already planned everything out. He didn't want anyone to figure out his connection to the dissapperances of the children. So, he made it look like I was the one behind it and told the witch to give me some money, just in case anyone followed me and saw me with the witch. That man is a sick bastard!" Anyone could clearly hear her hatred for Max, I mean, I'd hate him to if he tried to frame me.

What the fuck am I even saying?! I've always hated him. He just has that creepy aura around himthat makes people hate you.

After that we just fall into a tensional silence. Nothing needed to be said as all my suspicions had been cleared. We both increased our speed as we quickly remembered the time bomb that was hanging over our heads. We ran so quickly that we were probably nothing but a blur of colors to anyone who might be watching us.

It doesn't take long before we reach a dark part of the forest, where the trees are too high and grown close together to let the moonlight shine through their leaves. But thanks to my enhanced werewolf vision I was still  able to see through the thickets.

Lucy and I had slowed down now as we couldn't run through this part of the forest without hitting ourselves on the trees. We also shifted back into our human forms, our clothes still intact on our bodies.

I am still confused as to how that works.

"You see the markings on those trees over there?" I look over to where she was pointing at and only now do I notice that there are indeed some strange red markings on some of the trees but are very well hidden, "These are the witchs' markings. Her shrine is close."

A/N: The picture of the marking is on the top of the page.

We walk deeper into the forest. The markings on the trees became more visible and more common. It doesn't take long before I feel us leave the pack borders.

As soon as I leave the pack boarders, I hear the loud rumble of thunder in the sky signalling that a storm is approaching. As soon as I think that, I start to hear the soft pitter-patter sound of the drizzling rain.

The closer we get to the shrine, the more anxious I become. Knots form in the pit of my stomach, and I have a feeling that something's going to happen, something bad. The marked trees start to thin out and I spot a hut in the distance.

That must be the witchs' shrine!

I start to run towards the hut and I hear someone mutter,

"Forgive me, child. I did not wish to do this to you and your friends, I didn't wish to do anything that I have done these past months, but I have to. He has someone that is very dear to me under his captivity. I hope the gods can forgive my sins." The feminine voice cracked as it spoke.

I then hear the same feminine voice muttering incantations. But what surprised me was the fact that it sounded like she was crying.

I burst through the trees and almost immediately, I saw a flash of lightning strike down in front of me. The shock caused me to jump back and land flat on my ass. I lifted up my head and the sight in front of me caused my heart dropped from my chest all the way down to hell.

A few feet away from me, a tall, tan, brown haired woman stood above a small bloodied lump on the floor. Tears were streaming down her face as she moved her hand around muttering foreign words. I immediately recognized the lump as Jimmy.

Oh no!

I quickly got up and ran towards them, but was thrown back once again by an invisible force. I stood up again and tried walking slowly and my body hit what looked like a force field which rippled upon impact.

I tried to break it. Hitting, kicking and even throwing stones at it, but nothing worked. I continuously banged my fists on the surface of the force field with tears streaming down my face.

"NOOO!!" I screamed. Upon finally noticing my presence, the witch snapped her hazel eyes in my direction and I couldn't help but notice that her face was also tear streaked.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and if not for my enhanced hearing I wouldn't have heard it.

She turned back towards my son and raised her palm in the air, a green mist coming out of her palms and slowly reaching down to him.

"Don't do this, please! I beg you in the name of Selene, please!!" I screamed, banging my fists on the purple force field even harder, but it was no use.

I couldn't do anything except to watch the witch make the final blow which could possibly end my son's life...

And there was nothing I could do.

/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\•/\

A/N: *Hiding being a chair from the angry readers*
Please don't kill me for making another cliffhanger! I'll update again soon
Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE
Bye✌️