Chapter Thirteen

Max's POV

It has been a day since we killed Victoria and everything is going great so far. I had mind blowing sex with Maria last night, although, my stupid wolf hasn't spoken to me at all and I have no problem with that at all. In fact, it has been very peaceful without him constantly bugging me and as long as I still have the ability to shift and have access to my other werewolf powers, I don't give a fuck what Marvin does.

I am currently walking through the woods and heading to my cabin. Maria and I stayed in my room in the Pack House performing many more activities until when the break of dawn. It was six in the evening and the sun is almost down making everywhere a bit dark. I'm pretty sure we disturbed all the other pack members but I don't care what they think.

I am their Alpha and they should never question or disobey me as their leader. I still fondly remember how I got the position.

≈ Three years ago ≈

Today is my 20th birthday. My parents have tried to get me to celebrate and interact with people but it didn't work, so they left me alone this year.

As an Alpha's only child, I was supposed to get the title on my 18th birthday but for some reason, my parents think that I'm not yet ready for the responsibility. Though, I will try my luck again today.

I head to my mother and father's office and open the door to see my mom sitting on the sofa reading a book and my dad sitting at his desk going through some paperwork.

"Oh! Happy Birthday son. What do you want to do today?" My mother asked once she noticed me in the room.

"Nothing mother, just leave me alone." I can see her eyes sadden at my harsh reply but I don't care.

"That is no way to speak to your mother Maximus, she just wants what's best for you." My father scolds me.

"I'm sorry Mom." I say pretending to be sorry. If my dad doesn't like my attitude he might not give me the title and by now I was practically craving the power.

My dad looks up at me, "Son, if this is about the title, I'm not giving you yet."

"What! Why?!" I yell at them.

"You aren't ready to handle that kind of responsibility. You are still much too immature. We will give you the title when you are twenty-five." My mother speaks up.

"How am I not ready? I am twenty years old now and I have been training for this my whole life. How do you expect me to wait for five god damned years!?"

"Don't you dare raise your voice at us boy. We are still your parents!" My dad slammed his palms on his desk and stood up so fast his chair fell.

"Just admit it. You two are too damn selfish and greedy that you don't want to pass the Alpha Title to me!" I was fuming now. Who do these two think they are?

"That's not it at all. We are trying to do what is in the best interest of the pack and you have been exhibiting very negative characteristics that shouldn't be in a leader!" My mum tries to reason with me but I'm not having it.

"Oh please don't give me that bull crap!!"

"This is exactly what we are talking about son! You can't lead with this sort of toxic mindset. You still need to learn how to control your anger, you aren't considerate of other people's feelings and you are too arrogant." My father says.

"Okay, fine. If that's how you want it then so be it. I will get that title, one way or another." I stomp out of the room and slam the door behind me. If they won't give me my birth right then I'll have to take it by force. With that thought in mind, I head to the kitchen.