Love Proven

This oneshot was requested by Buckys_doll_01 and it's uh...'spicy' ig 👩🏽‍🦯

++++++++++++++++

"And then she...(y/n), are you still listening?" You remove your hand from your chin, turning back to the side to face your sister, Quinn Hearts, who was shaking her head at you, obviously knowing the answer to her question.

"Huh?" You blink, snapping out of your daydream like state. "Sorry, Quinn."

"You know, it's like you swoon more and more everyday," she sighs, flicking a wood chip off the table. You pause and let both eyebrows go up.

"What?"

"Don't 'what' me, you think I'm stupid?" Quinn jokes.

"Jury's still out." Your sister gives you a half glare for a second before pushing the comment aside and leaning further towards you.

"I know you've been staring at Hook ever since I started talking to you," she whispers, pointing at him subtly. "And before that. It's making you look weird."

"I don't stare," you grumble, although looking everywhere but her eyes as the words left your mouth, because you knew exactly what she said was true. "I'm watching from afar."

For the longest time, you had a crush on the one and only, Harry Hook. You and Quinn would come around about twice a week or more to help out Uma, Ursula's daughter, with the restaurant, like today, but whenever you had free time from cleaning and tossing out orders, you'd either be invited by Harry to do rounds with him or settle for 'watching him from afar' in the shoppe.

It was clear Quinn had caught on, and her constant teasing and nagging to just "tell him already," in her words; it almost persuaded you to do so, but ultimately, you couldn't. Some part of your brain thought he liked Uma anyways.

"Yeah right," your sister laughs. "And I don't like threatening to chop off people's heads. Grow a pair and tell him already."

"You know I can't."

"And why not?"

"Because I-" Unfortunately, you were unable to finish that sentence because the very person the two of you were talking about had sauntered up to your table, carrying his hook as always.

"Ello princess," he greets Quinn with a wave of the metal object, giving you a grin as he looks your way. "Princess~"

"Hi Harry," you respond, sending him a small smile. "Done with the cargo already?"

"Finally," he groans dramatically, pulling a chair over to the table before plopping down on it backwards. "Gotta grab a couple of things fer Uma still." You hum and nod, glancing at Quinn, who was silently watching the interaction. "Yeh wanna tag along?"

"Well, actually I-"

"Would love to go with you, Hook," your sister cuts in for you, sending you the most smug grin ever as she whispered the last part to where only you could hear. "In more ways than one." Harry looks to you for confirmation, and not wanting to disappoint him, you nodded in agreement, mentally cursing Quinn for putting you in this situation.

"Sure, let's go," you reply, sliding out of the chair to stand up.

+++++++++++++++

The frustration of trying not to make things awkward was overwhelming. You'd decided not to speak unless Harry spoke first, distracting yourself with making a beat every time the chunky heel of your boots clacked against the concrete.