Saving Auradon-Part Two

=

"She ain' in here, y'know."

Once Uma and the others had went their separate ways to the enchanted lake, you dragged Harry into the Auradon Prep dormitory, where you unlocked Mal and Evie's room with a spare key.

"I know," you murmured, rummaging around the room.

"Then wha' are yeh looking for?" Harry asked.

"Anything. A clue, a hint, a weapon, something."

"Isn't the second thing jus' an opposite way to describe the prior object?"

You shot him a look. "Okay, smart mouth, if you're not gonna help, you can just wait outside."

Harry put his hands up in surrender. "I'm only askin' what kinda clue yeh need!"

"Well, first of all, I need to figure out how Maleficent got out in the first place," you sighed. "She was a whole lizard, for crying out loud, and Fairy Godmother said that she was gonna stay that way until she learned to love, or- something along those lines."

"So maybe she did?"

"Oh, right, and then afterwards, she decided to celebrate by casting a memory spell on the entire kingdom, including her own child," you retorted, crossing your arms. "Does that add up for you?"

"Hey, yeh asked me ta help! I'm trying ta help!"

You groaned in agitation and closed the drawer you were looking in, tapping your foot anxiously as your mind tried to formulate even the smallest idea of what could've happened. All of a sudden, it hit you.

"The closet," you said quickly, dashing over to it and pulling it open. You moved all of the stuff on the ground aside, where you spotted a small cardboard box, pulling it out and opening the flaps to reveal the contents inside. As you dug through it, your suspicions began to click.

"Do you see a tiny glass bottle on the floor somewhere?"

"Tiny glass-?" Harry repeated in confusion, his eyes scanning the floors for the item you'd just described. You hear his footsteps shuffling around for a few seconds, and then a soft clinking sound as he rolls something into the heel of your boot. "Is tha' it?"

Your head turned to gaze at it, scooping it up in your hand as your eyes widened in horror.

"Conniving little reptile," you muttered, shoving the box back in the closet and getting back on your feet.

"Wha's in there?"

"A temporary antidote," you replied, twirling the little glass in your hand. "Or it was, at least. When Maleficent turned into a lizard, Mal had made this little concoction that was supposed to turn her mother back into her original form for about...I dunno, maybe 72 hours? In case she needed her or something. I guess her mother finally got to test it out."

"So...this is all Mal's fault?" Harry concluded, nodding. "Not surprised. Most things usually are."

"Okay, okay," you stopped him, putting the glass in your pocket. "We don't have time to be pointing fingers, we gotta figure out if there's anyway to turn her back into a lizard now."

"Didn' yeh say Mal made it? So look through 'er stuff."

Your eyes lit up. "You're right!" You walked over to Mal's nightstand, kneeling down to look inside it. "She probably has the recipe stashed away somewhere in here."

You come across a folded up piece of paper in the back of the drawer, and open it to find that it's two different pages with scrawled handwriting.

"I think I found it! There's one for the antidote and an antidote to the antidote."