The Girl Behind the Isle (Part Two)

(A/N:So, all of this stuff doesn't exactly go completelyyy with the actual movie plot/storyline, I had to add my own personal spice to it because frankly, it just- happened, okay? Enjoy :D)

___________________________

(About three months after the events of Cotillion)

"(Y/n), can you pass me that tape measure next to you, please?"

You looked up from your notebook, sitting down the pen in your other hand and using it to grab the tape measure off the desk and pass it to Evie.

"How's it going?" you asked her excitedly, looking over the girl's shoulder to admire her handiwork.

"Well, after I finish up the sleeves and add some more detailing to the back, our first order should be up and ready to go," she informed you, holding it up for you to see. You complimented her work, trekking back over to your own work table, where you were working on creating labels to go on the boxes of clothes, whenever the boys returned with them, that is.

On cue, the door to Evie's workshop swung open, and four guys stepped through, each of them holding stacks of cardboard boxes.

"All your boxes, as requested," Jay announced, setting them down beside your desk, the others following suit.

"Woah, how'd you get Chad to help?" you asked in shock, an eyebrow raised curiously.

"Ben promised to pay him for his 'hard work,'" Carlos answered, causing you to send a look in Ben's direction.

"You paid him to help you three haul empty boxes into this room?"

"It's harder than it looks," he defended, straightening his dress shirt out. "That should hold you both over though, right?"

"Yep," Evie confirmed. "Can you believe it? The VKs are getting brand new, fresh clothes for the first time ever."

"All thanks to (y/n)."

"Actually, I had help this time," you winked, grabbing one of the flat boxes and pushing out the flaps, using tape to keep them in place. "The kids are going to love these."

"Well, the sooner we finish, the sooner we'll have them ready to go," said Evie, shooting a grin your way.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?"

=

11 months had passed by now, another milestone marking just how far this journey had come. 11 months since you and your best friend were kidnapped by pirates, almost turned into fish bait (twice technically), and 8 months since you'd begun to help slowly turn the Isle into a better place, thanks to the ideas filling the pages of your notebook (and with Ben as the front man, of course). In fact, you'd added so many new ideas over the course of time that you'd acquired a completely different notebook now.

Now, today, you were standing in the crowd, next to Evie and Doug, waiting for Ben and Mal to make their entrance. Today was the day that they went to the Isle to pick up the 4 new kids that Mal, Jay, Carlos, and Evie had individually chosen, giving their new start here in Auradon, and you couldn't have been more excited for it.

You were even more excited for the surprise that was coming before it.

The crowd cheered and clapped, while the Auradon band began to create melodies, the royal couple on the stage waving eagerly and smiling at all the people.

Evie grabbed ahold of your hand, squeezing it tightly as she watched the events play out before her, and you returned the gesture just as tight, head tilted to the side with a fond expression on your face as Ben spun Mal around while he sang a much slower version of "Did I Mention" into the microphone, the others vocalizing around him.