Strict Teacher

"It wasn't my fault, I promise. The kid kept pulling my hair and I tried telling him nicely to stop but he kept g-"

"Shut up!"

I immediately look down at the ground, as tears brimmed in my eyes.

"They called my fucking job, Taylor!" he yells. "I told you I don't like being called out of work for foolish reasons."

I kept my head down as he continued yelling.

Tears started to stream down my face but I quickly wiped them before he could see.

"I tried to push him away, I didn't mean for him to fall down the stairs. I promise." I say hoping he would forgive me.

"It doesn't matter, in the end, you hurt him," he says stopping at a red light.

"Even gave the kid a concussion," he says chuckling.

I felt my heart skip a beat as I heard him laugh. Whenever he would laugh the things that followed after weren't good.

"But don't worry, when we get home you'll learn to keep your mouth fucking shut."

My eyes fly open as I sit up and look around the room. But the only thing I can make out due to the darkness is a figure lying asleep in bed.

Aria

I let out a sigh as I fall right back on the bed. I close my eyes and breathe in and out.

After a couple of deep breaths, I grab my glasses and look at my phone to see what time it is.

I look at my phone and see it's 5:28 in the morning.

I guess I can go to the gym.

I get up and walk to my suitcase to get my toothbrush and toothpaste out.

After I'm done using the restroom I get a pair of tights, a grey t-shirt, some socks, and some sneakers. And take it to the bathroom, then I begin changing in the bathroom.

As I'm done changing I put my hair in a low bun. I then grab my phone, keys, and my wallet. I tuck it into my pockets and leave the dorm room.

...

Just one more

I say pushing myself up to do one more pull-up.

"Damn," I hear someone say from behind me. I feel my face blush and let go of both bars.

As I look behind me, I see a boy looking at me with arms crossed.

I think it's time to go

I turn around, grabbing my keys and phone from the floor.

I then begin to walk out of the gym.

I never really liked going to the gym, I always felt self-conscious and I wasn't really good at speaking to people

Especially the male species.

But I hated being weak, mainly when I had to take care of Mom.

As I make it into the elevator, I hear someone yell out, "hold the elevator!"

I immediately press the button to hold the door.

I look up to see who's coming in and see the guy from before. My heart immediately pounds against my chest.

"Thank you," he says giving me a smile. I nod my head and click four on the button.

"What f-floor?" I ask.

"Two please," he says laying his head against the wall. I could feel his gaze as I clicked the button for him.