Comfort Meal

Beep

Beep

I sigh as I lean over the bed, turning off the alarm. 

I lay back down, staring back up at the wall.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Every time I would close my eyes for an extended period of time, all I could see was him.

All those memories that I tried so hard to suppress in the back of my head would resurface when I closed my eyes.

Every time.

My pulse started to race at the thought of seeing him today. My mind started to race with endless thoughts.

What if he tries to do something? What if he tells people about what he did to me? Will he hurt me?

Will I be able to get away if he does?

 I run my hand through my hair. As long as we are in public he can't do anything.

I grab my glasses on the nightstand putting them on my face. I slide my feet into my slippers and head into the bathroom.

~30 minutes later

Once I'm done doing my morning routine, I walk out and grab some clothes.

I picked out a beige hoodie, biker shorts, and some shoes.

I gather up my hair into a slicked back bun.  I swing my backpack over my shoulder and grab my things once I'm done.

I look over my shoulder seeing Aria still asleep. I turn around walking out of the room.

...

I look over at the benches outside the cafeteria, trying to find Leo. My head stops as I see him sitting down looking at his phone.

I walk over to him.

As I get close to him eyes snap up to mine.

I smile, giving him a wave. He returns the same gesture.

"Where's your breakfast?" He asked.  "I'm not really that hungry," I explain. 

In reality, I didn't want to go to the cafeteria. There were a lot of students there in the morning and I was nervous that I would find him there.

"Here take this at least, you need something in your stomach." Leo grabbed the apple on his tray holding it out for me to take.

"Okay," I grab the apple.

"How's has t-training been so f-far?" I take a small bite out of the apple.

"Hell." He mutters under his breath. He takes a bite of his eggs. 

I laugh at his choice of words, "I-I'm not surprised."

"It's just the training that's bad, not really anything else." I nod my head listening.

"Did you have fun at the party?" I looked up at him, my heart skipped a beat.

"I-It was nice," I said lying straight through my teeth. "How a-about you?" My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

I pulled out my phone to see a text from Mom.

Mom: Hey honey, have a great day at school!

"It was pretty cool. Actually, there was someone who asked about you, he's a sophomore."

I typed on my phone, "w-who?"

"One of my friends who is on the team. His name is Adam, he tried asking me for your number." Leo replied. He placed his gaze back down as he took a bit of his food.