The Game

I lay in bed, bringing my knees to my chest. I let out a sniffle as I wiped my wet cheek.

I keep my gaze on the wall.

Normally, I wasn't a big fan of the dark but in times like these, I found it comforting.

My head felt empty, I felt at peace.  

The pain that filled my heart was replaced by numbness. 

Now all I wanted to do was to sleep, sleeping was kind of my escape. I know it isn't really a good coping method but I didn't care.

However, it wasn't too long before I heard the door open.

"Taylor..." I heard Aria call out as she closed the door.

My eyes squinted as the bright lights turned on.

"Y-yes," My voice wavered. 

The sound of Arias's steps getting closer to my side of the bed got closer.

"Why are you lying down we have to go the game-" I looked up at her, causing her eyes to halt as they met mine, "-why were you crying?"

I shake my head, swallowing down the lump that tried to form in my throat again.

"I wasn't crying," I mumble looking away from her as I sit up on the bed.

"Taylor yes you were. So tell me why?" She sat on the edge of the bed.

I ended up giving up and telling her everything. Embarrassment filled my body causing me to pause from time to time.

"What an asshole," Aria scoffed.

"I-It was my fault though so I can't reall-"

"Taylor he hit your hand because you were worried about whether he was hurt. He was mad you got tea on his shoes even though it was a mistake. He's not even nice to you despite you always being at his beck and call. So no Taylor, it's not your fault." She said. Her eyes narrowed on mine.

Next thing you know she got up and ripped off the covers. 

"What are you doing?" I yelped trying to pull the sheets back on.

"You are not going to sit here and be sad Taylor. We have a game to get to and we are going to have fun." She demanded.

I shook my head softly, "I think I'm going to stay and call it a night, Aria."

She immediately shook her head and pulled my leg dragging me.

"What are you doing!" I yell as I slide down the bed.

"I won't take no for an answer." She said looking down at me as she pulled my leg.

Her face was filled with frustration as she tried to drag me.

My head tilted back as I laughed at her frustration.

"I'll get up," I surrender as I finish laughing, a smile now on my face.

"Whew!" She said wiping the invisible seat from her forehead.

...

"No," I immediately shake my head.

I held the towel around my freshly shaved body as I looked down at the outfit in Aria's hand.

A smile forms on her lips as she holds the material in her hands, "Taylor, it's Friday night."

I shook my head.

"Please, this is the last outfit. That's it." She wined.

"Fine." Her eyes lit up as she threw me the outfit.