Rescued

"Excuse me!"

I cringe as a shoulder bumps mine.

I placed my hand on my right shoulder, rubbing it. I nervously look over the girl who's sat on a boy's lap, making out.

I switch my gaze looking over to the guys and girls rubbing all over each other in the middle of the floor.

"Hey, you okay?"

My gaze snaps to Aria who's sat next to me. I look over seeing Tom and Leo talk to their teammates.

I nod my head, before looking back over to the people dancing.

At this point I wouldn't even call it dancing, the way they were dancing seemed so intimate to the point that I had to look away.

"I'm going to get a drink, wanna come?" Aria asks.

I look up at her figure getting up, and standing before me. I contemplate it for a few seconds before muttering a small 'yes'.

I get up, smoothing down my skirt before getting up and following Aria.

I sigh in relief as we make it to the quiet kitchen. Of course, you could feel the vibration but it was better than having to be out there.

"What do you want to drink?" Aria asks, grabbing a red cup.

"Water?" I ask, walking over.

She gives me a pointed look, "Taylor, we're at a party. You know what, I'll surprise you."

I begin to protest, "Aria I-I'm fine really, I think water would b-"

"Taylor, don't be a buzz kill, it's just a drink." She says turning to me, giving me a disapproved look.

I feel a pang hit my heart.

'Buzz kill.'

I shouldn't have let it hurt me but it did. With how much Aria has helped me I didn't want to be mean or ruin her fun. It was so fun up to now so I should be able to sacrifice a bit for her.

I was so grateful to make Aria as a friend and I didn't want to lose that.

I didn't want it to be how it used to be.

"M-maybe one drink w-won't hurt," I nervously say.

She turns to me throwing me a smile, "Perfect."

I lean over the counter, watching her grab multiple bottles, and throw them in the two cups.

I rub my hands against my skirt as I grow anxious.

But before I could think too much about it she turned to me, giving me the drink.

"Drink up."

I take the drink, watching Aria drink.

I look down at the drink, slightly swirling it.

In a quick moment, I raised the cup, tipping my head back as I allowed the liquid to fill up my mouth.

I grimace as the taste meets my tastebuds. I tried to move the drink from my lips as it left a burning sensation in my throat.

"It's bad but keep drinking." I hear Aria mutter as she holds the cup, tilting it forward.

I squeeze my eyes shut as I try to quickly gulp the drink. The burning sensation increases with each gulp that flows down my throat.

Once the cup leaves my lips, I turn around to the sink.

I immediately begin to cough, bringing up my sleeve to wipe the excess liquid on my lips.