Oblivious

"I p-promise I wasn't lying mom, he kept pulling my hair, s-scribbling stuff on my desk, and I tried to tell him to stop nicely but h-he wouldn't." My hands trembled by my side as Mom hugged me.

We both were on the bed as she softly rubbed my back soothingly.  Luckily before Dad could discipline me like he said he would, he saw there wasn't any beer in the fridge, so he left to get some.

Mom arrived a little after he left.

"Honey I want you to listen real closely, okay?" I nod my head trying to stop the tears from falling.

She retracted herself from me and looked down at me.

"I believe you. When your father gets home I will tell him, I promise." She tucked my hair behind my ears. Her eyes gleamed with tears.

"But when I leave, I want you to lock the door and don't open the door, no matter what." She said.

"I w-won't, I promise."

"If the noise gets loud, you know what to do right?" 

I nodded my head. 

I jumped at the sound of the door closing just as Mom's head snapped to my door. 

"I love you so much," She whispered as she kissed my forehead.

"I l-love you too Mom," 

She got up and walked out of the room. I got up as well and locked the door.

Since the walls were pretty thin, I could hear them talking.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Listen, it wasn't her fault, t-the boy was pi-"

"I didn't fucking ask Jules." His footsteps then began to sound closer. My heart felt like it was ringing in my ears. I entangled my hands together on my lap to keep them from shaking.

The sound of his footsteps halted.

"Please l-leave her alone John, she didn't know any better. Please just leave her alone." Her sobs echoed through the house.

I could hear him sigh. "Get out of my way." The next sound that followed was something impacting the wall.

His steps grew closer. Tears started to blur my vision. 

"Taylor, are you in there?" The sound of the door knob shaking made me jump.

I brought my hands to clamp over my ears.

"I-I'm sorry," I whispered to myself as the faint banging sound reached my ears.

My eyes flew open. I instantly sat up on the bed, coughing. Once my coughing died down, I tucked my feet in, leaning against the headboard. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

I dug my nails into my palms, to just focus on the pain.

Crying about it won't do anything.

I rubbed my eyes. I grabbed my phone which was on the charger and saw it was six- twenty-eight. 

I looked over to see Aria sprawled on her bed sleeping. 

Thank heavens.

I grabbed a pair of scissors ripping off the bandage from my wrist, not forgetting to throw it in the garbage.

I walked over grabbed my clothes to wear for today and headed into the bathroom to take a shower.

***