Awkward

"Class is dismissed, please study for your upcoming test."

I sighed as I let go of the pen in my hand. My hand was so sore from writing down notes. I had to endure the cramping sensation my hand felt throughout today's lecture.

Hopefully, this all won't be in vain.

I grabbed my backpack, shoving all my things into it.

"Ms. Jones, please stay behind." 

My head snapped up to the sound of my Professor's voice. Professor Ford sat behind his desk, stacking papers onto his desk.

I gulped as I stood up, making my way towards him. The sound of my heartbeat rang in my ears.

I dropped my bag to the floor and carefully took a seat. My hands lay on my lap as I kept my gaze on the wooden table in front of me.

The silence in the room caused my heart to beat faster.

Is he not going to speak?

"Do you know it's rude to not look at someone when they are about to speak, Ms. Jones?" The sarcasticness oozed out of his voice.

I reluctantly lifted my head, meeting his light blue eyes.

"S-sorry," I murmured. 

The cold look in his eyes was so imitating. The look alone caused me to shrink in my seat.

I was fighting every nerve in my body to not look away.

"If you don't mind me asking but did I do something? I-I wasn't late t-"

"The bell rang after you made it to class, yes Ms. Jones. I'm aware." He finished.

"T-then why did you c-call me?" 

"I wanted to ask you for a favor."

I watched as he got up and walked over to the file cabinet.

Relief flooded my body as I finally didn't have to stare into his eyes.

My thoughts were then clouded as I watched the way his muscles slightly strained his shirt.

The veins from his forearms flexed as he looked through the drawer.

"I need you to take this file to Professor Knight when you see him." He turned around, walking back over to his seat. 

I gulped nodding my head.

"I would have taken these myself but I've been bombarded with too much work to do so."

He outstretched his hand holding the file.

"O-okay."

I reached out my hand, grabbing the file. However, as I tried to grab the file his grip didn't lessen.

I furrowed my brows, looking up at him in curiosity.

"Don't open the file or lose it." He sternly said.

I nodded my head, "I won't, I promise."

With another tug, he let go of the paper. I grabbed my bag from the floor and slid it in between my books to decrease the likelihood of it getting crinkled.

"With that being said, you may leave."

I nodded my head and made my way out the door.

"A 'thank you' would have been at least a little nice," I muttered under my breath as I closed the door.

...

My lip slipped in between my lips as I turned my head to the side to contain my laughter.