Pain

"Who's right Taylor, me or him?" Aria said as she pointed between her and Tom.

"Umm," I looked between the two, deciding which one to choose.

"W-well, you both  make pretty good points..." I look around trying to get out of the mess.

"You should ask Leo, he's more experienced," I said putting Leo on the spot.

"Oh really, okay then. Leo who's right?" Leo looks up from his phone, dumbfounded. His eyes find mine to which I respond with a smile—acting as if I didn't put him on the spot.

"About what?" He asked setting his phone down.

"Do you think it's wrong if step-kids who are not fully related like each other?" Aria asked.

"No, not it they are related. But if they are related through one of the parents then I don't think it's right."

Aria turned towards Tom, "You see!"

Tom shook his head, "I'm gonna stick with my opinion."

I smiled, as they continued to bicker.

My eyes wandered over to the door seeing a couple come in the diner.

Today was Tuesday and we all were hungry so we decided to go to the diner to eat after school.

Luckily, it wasn't packed so we quickly found a seat. But as time went by the booths started to fill up.

I leaned over to Leo, "Do you mind getting up, I have to use the restroom quick."

I guess the food went down pretty quickly.

Leo nodded his head getting up so I could.

"Where are you going, Taylor?" Aria asked.

I responded with a restroom to which she nodded her head.

Following the sign on the wall that said 'bathroom,' I made my way there.

Opening the bathroom door, I quickly made my way to the stall.

Once I finished my business, I made my way out to wash my hands.

As I dried my hands, I looked up to the mirror. I was currently dressed in a white skirt and a sweater, along with some shoes Aria let me borrow.

My hair was clipped back, with two small strands to frame my face.

A small smile reached my lips as I looked at myself.

I think Aria's method might just stay.

The sound of footsteps coming near the door caused my head to snap over to the door.

I quickly threw the napkin in the trash can and walked out.

As I headed out the hallway my gaze fell onto the empty booth.

I looked down trying to find where they went.

"Taylor!" My head snapped over to the door, seeing them.

Relief flooded through my body. Thank god.

"Seeing how everyone's plate was clean we thought to just hurry and pay," Leo said. Aria and Tom were in the corner, back to laughing with each other.

"Oh, here, I'll give you my share," I said taking out my wallet.

Leo instantly put his hand on mine. I looked up at him.

"I already paid for us it's fine," he reassured.

"B-but I-"

"I promise it's fine, you don't have to worry." He brushed it off with a laugh.