Hectic Day

Aria and I left the cafeteria a while ago and started walking around to kill some time.

We talked about our classes and what we were both interested in pursuing. She is interested in being a lawyer. 

Since both her parents are judges, she says it makes sense for her to pick that career. It's all that has ever interested her.

As we were both walking we stopped at the building her first class was in.

"My class is a little far from yours so I'll meet you back at the dorm alright?" She asks opening the door while letting some people inside.

"Yea, no problem. See you." As I started walking to my first class, I looked down to grab my phone and felt someone bump into me, instantly causing me to look up.

"Sorry!" A voice says. I look and see a boy running past me.

"I-It's fine," I say slightly surprised.

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and looked at the time. I felt my heart drop. 

It was 8:27, and the building I need to be at was practically across the campus.

I immediately started running as fast as I could.

I can't be late, I'll make a bad first impression. Aria even said the teacher is strict.

As I ran I could feel people's eyes on me causing my face to hot.

My chest heaved up and down as my legs hit the ground. I looked at my phone and saw it was 8:28.

I ran past someone causing myself to bump into them.

"So sorry," I said briefly glancing behind me. I tried to propel myself faster.

Please don't be late

As I see the building I run up the steps and open the door.

 "Room 103", I say under my breath frantically looking around the hallway. I turn a corner and see the room number.

I see the door slowly closing.

"Hold the door!" I yell out running towards it. As I turn to grab it someone walks out causing me to bump into the person's chest.

I stumble back about to fall but then I feel a pair of hands grab my waist, keeping me on my feet.

I place my hand on my forehead, slightly wincing.

It felt as though I came in contact with a wall.

I then felt the same pair of hands retract from my waist.

I look up to meet the person I bumped into and see him already staring down at me.

For some reason, he looks strangely f-

As if my heart couldn't drop any further it did. My eyes widened as I realized that it was the guy I bumped into yesterday!

He was dressed in black dress pants, a white dress shirt, a black suit jacket, and shiny black dress shoes.

He's my professor!

My chest heaves up even quicker causing my throat to clog up. 

"I-I am so so s-sorry," I gulp. He continued to stare at me.

I looked away as I stumbled on my words, " I t-thought I had time but then next thing you know I-I"

"You're late," he sternly says causing me to shut up.

"I-It won't happen again sir, I prom" I try to say but he shuts me up again.

"If you are even a second late next time," he says taking a step closer to me. I look up, taking a small step back.