Troubled

Third Person Pov

I love my life. I love my life. I love my life.

She repeated this over and over in her head as she wrote down what her Professor was saying.

Unknowingly, she slipped her lip between her teeth. It was something she did often to distract herself.

Unfortunately, it was impossible for her, his voice was music to her ears. It was so soothing to hear.

Compared to the other two Professors that crossed her mind more often than necessary, his voice was the most relaxing.

Professor Knight's voice was smooth yet firm, and it was a bit taunting.

Professor Ford's voice was somewhat rough, he was a man that shouldn't be taken lightly.

They all were.

But they all held some sort of...dominance?

"Hey, are you alright?" Taylor's head snap to notice Leo giving her a worried look. 

"Oh no! I-I'm fine," She says, waving her hand in a reassuring way.

She was never really the best liar.

And she was guessing it didn't work because his eyes stayed glued to her.

"Are you nervous about his class? I'm sure you will do fine," he encouraged.

Instead of telling him that she wasn't nervous, she just agreed to it. It was easier.

"Yea, I-I hope,"

She looked back towards the board and see Professor Clarke looking at her. She quickly turned her gaze back down to her notebook, acting as if it was interesting to look at.

"Class is dismissed." 

The sounds of chairs scraping against the floor and people rushing out of the classroom filled her ears.

"You wanna go get some lunch in the Cafeteria?" She looked over her shoulder to see Leo swinging his bag over his shoulder.

The question took her aback. For some, it wouldn't be a big deal for some but for her it was.

She barely associated herself with talking to any boys, due to the past experiences that she's had, so even talking to one was surprising for her.

"S-Sure," She agrees. She zips up her bag and pushes into her chair. 

"Have you heard about the party this Friday?" He asks as they both walk down the steps.

"Yea, my friend got i-invited to it," She spoke.

"Really? So does that mean you're going?"

"Y-"

"Ms. Jones, may I have a word," She stopped at the sound of his voice. Leo stops as well looking back at the Professor.

"We can have lunch another time, see you later." Leo smiles at her before leaving. 

"See you."

She sighs to herself. She turns around walking towards him with her eyes looking towards his desk.

"Y-Yes, Professor?" She gulped.

"How's your hand?" Her head snaps up to meet his brown eyes.

He called me back to ask how my hand is?

"I-It's fine," 

"Were you able to ice it?"

Busted...